Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 28, 2018

Looking Through Glasses?

One Day at a Time
"I'm only human I'm just a man
Help me to believe in what I could be and all that I am
Show me the stairway that I have to climb
Lord for my sake teach me to take one day at a time.
"
Merle Haggard Lyrics
I'm not an alcoholic ... no, seriously I'm not ... and I know the old chestnut that only an alcoholic would deny that they are an alcoholic, but I'm not.
I literally don't have the stomach ... or the bladder, to be one, but I do like a social reasonable drink
The drinking aside though, I do like the AA prayer and the Merle Haggard song 'One Day At A Time' (not that I'm into the Jesus myth ... but hey, whatever gets you through the day/night, I guess)as whether you happen to be an alcoholic, a recovering alcoholic , sober or whatever, that is the best way to travel through life ... one day at a time.
I'm not even a Scotch drinker, but I got a Johnny Walker bottle and glass set for Christmas (there's that myth again;-) one year and I couldn't help seeing the Johnny Walker guy on the bottom of the glass as an incarnation of The Fool off the zero card of the tarot deck.
And I couldn't help thinking of that Zen like saying, "is the glass half empty, or half full?"
Then looking at the Walker on the glass I thought to myself, is the glass half Fool?
So, I washed the glass out, dried it, and then pulled the zero card from my tarot deck, arched the card and placed it in the bottom of the glass and snapped a photo with my phone.
I was literally taking the piss out of that old Zen like saying.
But many an existential word is said in jest, I feel:-)
One Day at a Time
Ironically, when I keyed up that 'One Day at a Time' You Tube video of Merle Haggard's there was an ad for Marker's Mark Bourbon whiskey before the video would play the song.
Ironically, missing the mark is what is known as a sin, isn't it?
No wonder the world is so messed up.
Keep walkin', but not drinkin'.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment