Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 27, 2018

23, Birthdays and Coincidence?

I was checking my traffic sources stats on my blog and clicked on a link to a blog I hadn't heard of before called 'Big Boom, Big Boom' and saw the above post about birthday coincidences where statistics show that, "...you need only 23 people in the room for a greater than 50 per cent (hence ‘statistically probable’) chance of finding two people with the exact same birth month and day."
Being born on the 23rd of September I can't help but see a cosmic wink in that statistic, because, "normally each parent gives a child 23 chromosomes, one copy of each chromosome type 1-22 plus one sex chromosome. Contributions from both parents give the child 23 pairs of chromosomes."
When I was down in Sydney on my birthday in 2016 to watch my team play in a semi-final against the North Queensland Cowboys in a stadium full of people, I was talking to the lady sitting next to me and saying to her that I hope the Sharks can win tonight because it's my birthday.
She looked amazed and introduced me to her husband sitting next to her and said that it was also her husband's birthday that day and she and her daughters had bought the tickets to the game for his birthday present.
My Happiest Birthday Ever
Happy birthday to me?
It's a small world in a big stadium it seems.
But it's all just coincidence, right?-)
Happy birthday.
The Dance of Chance for an Avid Reader?
Lance: Synchronicity and a Bad Omen?

No comments:

Post a Comment