Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 20, 2018

iPhone tHerefore iAm?

Page 165 from 'Notes on a Nervous Planet'
Reading the chapter titled 'I am What I am What I am' in Matt Haig's book 'Notes on a Nervous Planet' where he writes, "Who am I? There is no I. There is no you. Or rather, there are a million Is. A million yous. 'I'is the largest word in the English language."
The iMeltdown version?-)
iThought Apple don't seem to think i is the largest word or letter in the English language, but then i'm just taking the P, aren't i? 
Reading 'Notes on a Nervous Planet' it's clear that Matt finds it hard to live without his phone, as do many other people on this planet.
I'm sure glad I never got into smartphones in a big way and only have my phone switched on when I'm traveling.
The main function I use on my phone would be the camera ... but I don't do selfies.
Selfies are one thing I could never get into and still try to avoid getting into to this day.
Most bad habits are just selfie inflicted anyway it seems:-)
At least I have no phone distractions stopping me from getting out of bed in the morning.
When I get out of bed in the morning that is;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment