Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 27, 2018

Fifty Shades of Red?

Interesting post by Chris Knowles at 'The Secret Sun' blog about Asia Argento's #MeTooing and fro-ing in the media and Dario Argento's 'Suspiria' film being remade -
Apocalypse This Week: Charting the Collapse
I'm with Chris about what he thinks of the original movie.
I remember in the early 80s when I was a teenager and used to rent the latest Hollywood horror movies out from my local video store and the guy who owned the store asked me if I had seen 'Suspiria'.
He raved on about how good it was and then handed me a pirate copy to take home and watch for free
I remember thinking after I watched it that if I ever wanted to see something like that again I could just stick my head through a window at the local slaughterhouse (which was actually not really that local come to think of it) and just what a piece of disturbing shit it was.
Plus, I don't really like ballet, either.
Surely a remake couldn't be anywhere near as bad as the original, but I wouldn't bet on it.
The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things?
Maybe the disturbing scene in the original 'Suspiria' movie where the dog eats the blind guy makes a bit more sense watching that "weighing of the heart" clip above.
I guess 2018 is the Chinese 'Year of the Dog' come to think of it.
If you're finding modern pop-culture and life hard to fathom at the moment all I can say is #MeToo.
Not to mention TIME, either;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment