Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 19, 2018

This Jungian Life: The Mother-in-Law Problem?

One from my eX-files:-)
Many a true word is said in jest, ain't it?-)
Just listened to this podcast for a trip down memory lane -
Mother-in-Law
"The mother-in-law is not only the subject of many a joke but the subject of fairy tale and myth. 
Conflict between the older and younger woman lies in the archetypal realm, as both struggle to come to terms with differences, age, and the power of both youth and age.
The Dream
:
Somehow my baby’s right arm has come completely out of her socket and is completely detached.

I try to put it back into her socket, hoping for a miracle (which doesn’t happen) so I put her back into her cot.
Later, I look for her, thinking I need to feed her but cannot find her.
I search high and low, still there’s no baby.
By chance, I find her in another room, it was like she was deliberately moved there.
Her skin is very cold, but she is alive.
Her arm is still detached.
I’ll have to take her to the doctor’s, I think, and get her arm sewn on, if that’s even possible.
I wake up."
That's how I remember my wedding day in hindsight:-)
I'm sure there are nice mother-in-laws out there and I wish to God that I could have had one in my last marriage, but such is life with a wife ... and her mother, most times. 
I still can't bear my ex-mother-in-law
I wrote an old post about moving into a rented apartment during my divorce -
#28: Introspection and Accidental Initiations?
The front garden in my rented unit was basically just a dirt patch, so I dug most of the mother-in-law tongues out of my old garden and transplanted them into my new rented garden.
AKA: the mother-in-law tongue
I'm glad that old grizzly is pretty much out of my life now and I hope our paths never cross again in this life, or the next.
I sure see her true colours now ... not that it was really that hard to see them before.
Looks like I'm banned from that poker game too, at the moment;-)
One from my eX-files:-)
And I can't see that ban being lifted anytime soon for both of us.
This Jungian Life?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing our podcast Darren!
    Lisa, Deb & Joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome guys.
    Good show it is too.
    I have it on my iTune favourites list on my iPad and keep an eye out for the topics that interest me, which has been most of them so far.
    Hopefully some of my blog readers now have the show on their favourite list also.

    ReplyDelete