Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 25, 2018

Another Cover Version of 'Song to the Siren'?!

Thanks to a comment left at the latest 'Secret Sun' post by Jeff Warrington I see that 'Third Eye Blind' have released an album of songs today (I live in Australia hence the date of the 25th of August on this post) with a cover of Tim Buckley's 'Song to the Siren'.
Coffee and the Siren's Song
As Chris Knowles points out
 at the
'Secret Sun' blog 
A few slight changes to the lyrics, not to mention the song title itself by 3EB I noticed.
The dark WEB/NET?
'Black Net' by Jess Poulsen
I couldn't help thinking how the album cover for 'Thanks for Everything' reminded me of a work of art I saw in the grounds of the Byron Writers Festival called 'Black Net', which I mentioned in my last post -
Big Ideas: Anxiety- is it Just Me?
Probably just a shark net I saw at the Byron Writers Festival, unless it's a mermaid net instead;-)
Just Kidding?
A dark knight?
Am I casting my coincidence net too wide?-)

UPDATE: August 26th, 2018
Fraser?!
Cursed Songs?
Hmm;-)
'Not something that happens regularly'
... or not something that happens that Regulus?-)
Song to the Siren by Bonniemarie
Pearly Dewdrops' Drops?
I just remembered last Thursday night at the Avid Reader I bought the above book and I noticed that song number 2 on the 3EB album is called 'F*ck Forever':-)

No comments:

Post a Comment