Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 21, 2018

Defender of the Monarch Butterfly?

I was reading the August 13th edition of 'The Courier Mail' newspaper and saw an obituary for Lincoln Brower on page 44 of the paper.
I like the symbology of transformation that the butterfly implies and while I know people who are conspiracy minded and see the Monarch Butterfly as a symbol of evil just because the CIA ran a mind control program called "Project Monarch", I see no reason to recoil at the sight of an image or tattoo of one of these butterflies, and think that the CIA are behind it in some way.
The Crow Butterfly outside
my kitchen window in
2017
There is Harmony in Everything, It's a Butterfly Who Waits for the World?
I personally prefer the Crow Butterfly as my butterfly of choice, but I have nothing against the Monarch Butterfly just because some scumbags named a project after it that was all about breaking down minds.
F#ck those pricks (or better still - don't;-) for tainting such a wonderful creature as the Monarch Butterfly I say.
But I do find it ironic while on the subject of monarchs that Lincoln Brower advised the novelist Barbara Kingsolver [Kings lover?-] on butterfly migration for her 2012 book Flight Behavior.
And on the subject of 2012, didn't I read somewhere that
December 2012 was going to be the end of the world as we know it ... or knew it?-)
I guess we must be living on borrowed time then?
No doubt the times are a changin' and there will be some rough times ahead ... but the end of the world?
I wouldn't go slashing my wrists just yet.
I saw this Monarch Butterfly image above on the 'RUOK? Day' website and it made me smile as RUOK? Day is held on September 13th this year and that is the second-year anniversary of my father's death.
I like to see that as a personal "God wink" to me from the "Universe" (not that I am a "religious person" as far as following any religious man-made doctrine or myth, but I do believe in an overall cosmic intelligence, whatever that may be) as a sign that there is more to this life than what we can imagine.
But then again, maybe my mind is just broken right?-)
I'll leave you to make up your own mind on that one ... but personally I couldn't give a f#ck if you think that I am nuts.
I feel quite sane in my own observations of life and I know that I'll be OK in the end no matter how rough this life gets for me ... because I know there is more.
Life can be bitter, but it can also be SWEET.
Well, that's what I like to think anyway.
Sweet Concert On Wednesday Night
The very first album I ever bought was
this one and I played it to death
I was going to end the post here until I discovered that Barbra Kingsolver (who I have never heard of until writing this post) was born on April 8th, which is the same birthday as my father, although they were born years apart.
My father's mother (my Nan) also passed away on April 8th in the 1990s.
Maybe I'll have to checkout some of Barbara's books even if I know how some of them will end from reading the plot on Wikipedia -
"The story ends with a final chapter from Ruth May reflecting on her sisters and mother attempting to visit her grave but not being able to find it, and a woman telling them a place named Kilanga never existed.
She watches her sisters and her mother, and has seen how they have matured; she has matured as well.
Through her death, she finally is able to understand the Congolese term muntu, which describes the concept of unity and how all life is connected in some way.
She understands that she is muntu, and a part of all that is around her.
Ruth May only wants her mother to understand the concept and for her to move on.
She asks for her mother to forgive herself and not live with the guilt anymore."
I like going with the flowm as it sure makes life interesting.
Things Go Better with cOKe?
Page 266 from 'Notes on a Nervous Planet'
OK?-)

No comments:

Post a Comment