Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 30, 2018

A Sign from a 'Working Class Man'?

The books I bought on the Thursday in Byron Bay
Sometimes I can't help but think this world I live in is run by a cosmic joker.
I've never been a big 'Cold Chisel' or Jimmy Barnes fan, probably because screaming musicians unsettle my nerves having grown up with a brother who was born brain damaged and who would throw tantrums and scream at the top of his lungs almost every day (and night) of his life throughout our childhood until I left home.
The sound of anything that sounded like aggressive screaming would automatically set my nerves on edge, so I liked soothing music and would avoid bands like 'AC/DC', 'Cold Chisel' and anything like heavy metal bands.
It's not like I didn't like some 'Cold Chisel' and 'AC/DC' songs, but I would hear them all the time on the radio.
So, I never did buy their albums, with the only songs I have being on soundtracks like 'Molly' and compilation albums.
Although, I probably bought the single of 'Working Class Man' when I collected 45s, as I liked that song and would sing it a bit in the late 80s.
Last year when I was down at the Byron Writers Festival I bought Jimmy's books after hearing him do a talk, and then going to the signing tent to meet him and ask him to sign those books - 
Sometimes Life Feels Like Nothing But a Sinking S#it Pit
I have only been to a live Jimmy Barnes gig once, and that was only because I went to see 'The Living End' really -
A Day on the Green under the White?
Jimmy Barnes on stage at the Sirromet winery in 2014
I read 'Working Class Boy' around the middle of this year and wrote a post about how impressed I was about all of the paranormal events Jimmy recalled in his life and put in the book, especially his sister Linda and her run in with a Ouija board and a nasty spirit -
Should I Use a Ouija Board: Yes or No?
Natasha de Tracie: AKA Lillian Lovecraft
I enjoyed reading 'Working Class Boy' and was thinking if I should buy Jimmy's follow up book 'Working Class Man' and thought that I had enough books to read at the moment, but that if he ever signed a copy of his latest book I would by it then, and that was a promise.
On the Thursday that I arrived in Byron Bay, which was the day before the 2018 Byron Writers Festival was to start, I walked into 'The Book Room' bookshop and there on the shelf was a signed copy (probably from the year before), so I felt that technically Jimmy had signed the book for me in a roundabout way and I kept my promise and bought it.
The weird thing was I also wrote about buying a book with an ibis on the front cover on the same day I bought Jimmy's book -
What Are We Going to Do About the Ibis?
After the Byron Writers Festival and in that same month 'The Avid Reader' bookstore had booked the author to give a talk about 'The Hunter' on Thursday the 23rd of August, which just happened to be the day the movie version of 'Working Class Boy' was released at the cinema, so I went to both.
'Working Class Boy' the movie was right up there with the best movies I have seen this year, and boy was I glad I had a beer and some gum to chew throughout that movie to keep washing that lump down that kept forming in my throat.
I'll bet when the DVD is released it will be a big seller for Christmas and or Father's Day.   
And David Cohen's book 'The Hunter' would make a great Father's Day or Christmas present, too.
And I'm not on a commission or being paid to write that, because it is true.
Trust me.
A photo from the book 'Working Class Man'
I also saw this picture above from 'Working Class Man' when I was flicking through Jimmy's book last night and saw that even he and his kids were topping MJ's 'Dangerous' album in 1991.
And last night would have been Michael's 60th birthday, too.
The Eagles Have Landed ... on Top in 2018?

No comments:

Post a Comment