Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 18, 2018

Analyze THIS, Analyze THAT, But What About the wHOLE?-)

"There a few who understand 'THIS' and 'THAT', but almost nobody sees the 'WHOLE'.
I have failed in my foremost task to open people's eyes to the fact that man has a
soul, that there is a buried treasure in the field and that our religion and philosophy are in a lamentable state.C.G.Jung, November 1960

That Jung quote above came from the opening verbal quote of Jung's from an MP3 recording by Dr. Lance Owens that I listened to this morning about Jung'Gnostic studies during the period when he was composing 'The Seven Sermons to the Dead', called 'The Search for Roots: C. G. Jung and the Tradition of Gnosis'.
When I saw the words THIS and THAT in Jung's quote, I thought of the two "Analyze" movies where Billy Crystal plays a shrink.
A scene from Analyze ... This or That?-)
Two movies that I have never bothered to watch, but the titles of the movies helped me to recall my post I wrote the other day featuring an actor from the second one of those movies, Steven Kampmann -
Dreams Course with Steven Kampmann, Synchronicity #149, Analyze That?
Jung's first mandala drawing,
inspired by the VII Sermons
I noticed while putting this post together that Billy Crystal was born on PI Day, March 14th (3/14), which is also the day Stephen Hawking passed away on this year -
Grimerica Episode #274: The MacGregors, Synchronicity, UFOs and Pi/Pie in the Sky Day?
Stephen Hawking Dies on Pi Day?!
Maybe I'm over-analyzing things here, but I'm trying to see past the piece of the pie synchronicities to see the wHOLE Pie here;-)
I've got more to write about Jung in future posts, as I'm starting to read a lot of Jung's work at the moment, so I can dive into 'The Red Book'.
This post was just to pass on the audio lecture I listened to this morning to anyone who is into Jung like I am -
The Search for Roots: C. G. Jung and the Tradition of Gnosis
"There a few who understand 'THIS' and 'THAT', but almost nobody sees the 'WHOLE'.
I have failed in my foremost task to open people's eyes to the fact that man has a soul, that there is a buried treasure in the field and that our religion and philosophy are in a lamentable state.C.G.Jung, November 1960
That movie seems more Freudian to me;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment