Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 17, 2018

ScoMo-phobia and the Shark They Never Saw Coming?

Cartoon from the August 22nd, 2018 newspaper
House of sharks?
Australia's new PM, Scott Morrison
(AKA ScoMo)
ScoMo and family on the
August 25th front page
Peter sunk like a rock when the heat was on;-)
ScoMo was at 7 to 1 odds of being the
  
PM on August 24th, 2018
Australia got a new Prime-minister a few weeks back who just happens to be a real keen Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks fan, like I am.
Well, at least when I say I'm a Sharks fan I can assure you that I'm not lying about it, as I'm not looking for the people of the Cronulla-Sutherland area's votes to keep me in office.
My tattoo on left arm ironically enough;-)
I'll bet you that ScoMo hasn't got a tattoo like the one pictured above, either.
As a fellow Sharks supporter, I like ScoMo and would have no problem shaking his hand and maybe having a beer of two (if he drinks that is) as we cheer on our team.
But with me being a bit of a lefty when it comes to politics, I doubt very much that I'll be voting for him in the next federal election, even though I consider the whole political arena as one big Muppet show anyway.
To me ALL major politicians are just corporate puppets and I certainly have not much faith in them and their promises.     
Cartoon from the August 22nd, 2018 newspaper
That said though, this post is about an ironic cartoon I saw in the August 22nd newspaper where the then current PM of Australia was under attack by his own party in a leadership challenge, mainly from Peter Dutton.
But when all the blood cleared in the political waters a literal SHARK emerged from that water in the form of Scott Morrison ... or ScoMo, as the press like to call him.
Mind Sharks in the 'Year of the Dog'?
I thought it was also ironic that 'The Meg' was showing on cinema screens around Australia when the "#1 Sharks supporter" got the top job in office. 
Also playing on cinema screens was the adult cringe worthy adult puppet movie, 'The Happytime Murders'.
67? That's a familiar number
 among
Shark fans:-)
The Sharks entered the national comp in 1967 
1967 was the year the Sharks entered what is now the NRL competition and that was also the year the then current (pardon the pun) Australian PM, Harold Holt went for a swim and never came back ... presumed drowned or taken by a shark, ironically.
Not the Kind of "Surprise" in the New Year I Saw Coming from a Royal Palm Beach Swim
Makes me wonder who's next when it comes to the PM job:-)
Page 9 of the August 22nd, 2018 newspaper
Keep swimmin'?
Oh ... Nevermind.

No comments:

Post a Comment