Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 11, 2018

You Can't Get What You Want If You Don't Know What You Need?

Ah ... but who ever knows where
they are really going in life
?
Getting the message from
Douglas Noel Adams yet?-)
I just finished reading Sarah Wilson's book 'First, We Make the Beast Beautiful' where at the beginning of the book Sarah writes that she doesn't have "the answer" to give you at the end of the book ... but I would argue that she does.
Let's just say it's written in the star(s);-)
I've now started a book I've had on my shelf for years by the late Wayne Dyer called 'You'll See It When You Believe It'.
Sarah mentioned Wayne in her book when she mentioned her meeting with the late Louise Hay, so I took that as a sign to crack the spine on Wayne's book and start reading it.
I don't bother with meditation and it's not that I can't do it, it's just that I don't feel the need to sit in a room cross-legged saying a mantra or staring at a candle flame, when I can sit near a beach or in my backyard or a park and just watch and observe nature.
A wave, a bird, a cloud, a star, an ant, a tree blowing in the breeze, a flower, a weed, the moon ... and even though it ain't natural, a Ferris Wheel going round.
If I can just sit and watch and pay attention to those things, then I come into communion with the universe and the problems of the ego fade away into the bigness and smallness that surrounds me.
I would like to think of it as shamanism for lack of a better word, although communion might actually be a better word, because I dissolve into the moment and feel on some level one with it all.  That feeling is better than any meditation session I have ever participated in. 
To know a secret you have to listen when the universe "talks" to you.
The universe is talking to us all the time, but sometimes we don't take the time to listen.
What I have found out from my own life and when listening to others like Matt Haig, Sarah Wilson and Jill Stark talk about their life is that we all run into WTF(?) crazy meaningful "coincidences".
Hellllllooooo!
Those moments my not give you the meaning to life, "the universe" and everything, but they will guide you on YOUR path if you pay attention and let you know that there is more to life than meets the eye ... and not to worry about life so much, as if you are running the show all by yourself.
Anxiety, depression, and the 'fairy tale filter'
Stop looking for the mythical "happy ever after" in your life and just be happy to take the next step along the path.
What looks like a cliff on your path may not be the end of your journey, it's usually just a new beginning.
That's just a metaphor by the way, I'm not suggesting that you walk off a cliff or kill yourself to see what's on the other side, I'm suggesting that what looks like the end of the path to your ego is usually just another beginning on the journey for your "soul".
Big Ideas: Anxiety- is it Just Me?
Most rewarding journeys aren't easy, but that's life I guess;-)

1 comment:

  1. I'm not big on meditation either Daz, I'm more into Hypnopomic/Hypnagogia.

    ReplyDelete