Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 13, 2018

'RUOK?' Day and the 'Fairy Tale Filter'?

Today is 'RUOK?' Day in Australia and it falls ironically enough for me on the second anniversary of my father's passing, and today is also the day for my mother's six-month check-up to see how her lung cancer treatment (which she was told six months ago when taken off the lifesaving new drugs was now gone) is going, so fingers crossed, I guess.  
I'm OK though ... mentally speaking that is ... despite what you might think if you have been following my rambling posts lately.
That's not to say that I don't get a little anxious or depressed at times with life, as I would be a zombie if I didn't.
But I've come to realize that a lot of people "out there" in the "real world" aren't OK at all when it comes to the anxieties and/or depression in their lives.
Things Go Better with cOKe?
Good podcast episodes to listen to, by the way, whether you are or aren't OK today -
Anxiety, depression, and the 'fairy tale filter'
Anxiety- is it just me?
And there are a lot of good books out there to help you to try and help yourself ... or others in your life who may need some help and don't realize it yet ... or do but don't know what to do about it.
The 'Making the Beast Beautiful' talk
at the
2018 Byron Writers Festival
 And like most of these authors will tell you, there are no "happy ever after"s when it comes to a target to aim for.
Only gratifying ways to place one foot in front of the other as we make our journey through life.
And some days we will stumble and fall, too.
Only a fool looks for the "happy ever after" fix to life, because that's not what life is all about.  
You Can't Get What You Want If You Don't Know What You Need?
And it's OK to be not OK sometimes, as you can learn quite a bit about life and yourself in your "down time", too.
There is Harmony in Everything, It's a Butterfly Who Waits for the World?
That's a chrysalis I put on
 that fool's stick BTW:-) 
And as much as I like the idea behind 'RUOK?' day to bring awareness to the subject, I can't see how asking anybody "RUOK?" is going to solve anything when every other day when I ask people I meet "how are you going?" they say I'm OK ... but they really are not.
Big Ideas: Anxiety- is it Just Me?
Maybe RUOK is a question that we should be asking ourselves on 'RUOK?' Day?

UPDATE: September 13th, 2018
My mother got the OK from her doctor, so I know that she is OK today.

No comments:

Post a Comment