Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 30, 2018

Jung, the Kingfisher, #2 and Philemon?

When Reading 'Jung: A Graphic Guide' I read about how Jung met and talked with the biblical figures Salome and Elijah in his active imagination process he used in writing his 'Red Book', but the most important figure he encountered was called Philemon.
Philemon had kingfisher wings according to Jung and he was stunned when he started to paint his dreams that he came across a dead kingfisher.
I had never read about Jung finding the dead kingfisher before and found this account of Jung's amazing, considering that it was a stunned kingfisher I found years ago that I thought was going to die after crashing into my living-room window at quite a force that was the reason I started writing this blog of mine -
The Bird that Flew into the Window
The Sacred Kingfisher that hit my window
To this day I have never seen a living kingfisher since this one above hit my window.
The Sacred Kingfisher
Animal Dreaming (Kingfisher)
The Australian Mint brought out a one-dollar coin not long after the kingfisher hitting my window, so I bought one and it sits on my bookcase.
I've never come across one of these coins in circulation though, but if I ever do I will be sure to take notice.
Is Mark Frost the Red Lens in the 'Twin Peaks' Spectacle?
I was also stunned to read about Jung's #1 and #2 sides in the book and to see this illustration above in the book where Jung is driving inside his head.
I wrote about a blue car dream I had just after my father-in-law passed away and I became obsessed with trying to figure out just what that dream was telling me and would look for an image of that dream car in real life to buy and put on my bookshelf as a reminder of pursing and cracking the meaning of that dream. 
Blue Cars Too
The best depiction I can find of the dream car.
Type of wheels,
colour of wheels, shape and style of car
I ended up giving most of those model cars away to nephews and friends who had children and liked cars, but I kept the ones that really resonated with that dream, hence the abstract car with the #2 painted on the side of it pictured further above in this post.
This is how I was sitting on the car in the dream
That blue car dream led me down some very interesting roads that I never would have traveled without dreaming it, but the statue above is my overall favourite car I bought from the dream influence and my most cherished car image of them all for many reasons.
Cosmos Episode 8: Journeys In Space and Time and My Blue Car Dream
SQuire Rushnell Good Morning America "GodWinks" 4/24/09
I was also stunned when I saw this page in the Jung book, because the ring I wear on the middle finger of my left hand is pretty much what Jung's dream represented.
My Idea of Heaven
Ben Porat Yosef Ring Silver An ancient blessing of fertility and abundance
with the inscription in Hebrew from Genesis 49:22

Joseph is a fruitful vine, a fruitful vine by a fountain; its branches run over the wall."
Not that I am a religious person, but I like this line for some subconscious reason.
This is the blessing that Jacob bestowed upon Joseph, before his death supposedly.
It is actually an ancient blessing of fertility and abundance.
The meaning of the expression "Ben Porat" is the son of a fertile tree, a tree that bears fruit.

The word "Ein" means a spring and "Shor" means a rampart". 
"Banot Tzeada Aley Shor" which means its branches run over the wall.
Traditionally people use this phrase as a folk saying to ward off the evil eye, because Joseph was protected from the envy of all creatures.

I also think it was amusing that Jung had a dream as a young boy of God doing a #2 on a cathedral.
Probably a good message to take on board, not that I'm trying to knock religion, as it can be a good vehicle for some through this life and an absolute nightmare for others.
But I tend to agree with Paul Cox when it comes to religions of the world.
I like the mystical side of religion, but don't care much for its dogmatic side at all.
And I certainly don't believe in an eternal hell, that's for sure.
My WTF Birthday Card
What Are We Going to Do About the Ibis?
Experience 235Jared Logan, Art is Magick
Logan Lucky: Mountain Mamma, Take Me "Home" Country Roads?

I think Douglas Adams has a point when it comes to hitch-hiking and the ride through life, but I prefer the driver's seat myself, if that's at all possible;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment