Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 14, 2018

There is Harmony in Everything, It's a Butterfly Who Waits for the World?

A Crow Butterfly appearing to me on Mother's Day
The Crow Butterfly outside my kitchen window in 2017
I wrote a post last year about a butterfly that landed on my kitchen windowsill just as I had moved in to my new townhouse -
A Butterfly That I Felt Was Worth Crowing About
I've only seen two of these butterflies around my home since that day. 
One flew into my face when I opened my backdoor to throw something in my wheelie bin and I saw one flying around my front door one day after I hopped out of my car, but both times they flew away without me getting a photo of them.
But yesterday I got two shots of a Crow Butterfly that was fluttering around our family's table while we were celebrating Mother's Day for my mother, sister and her daughters at a local function center.
The place was packed out, but my sister had booked a table last week after finding out her first choice that we went to last year was already booked out ... which was fine by me, because I liked this place better.
We were placed on table 73, which is the table next to the table pictured in the butterfly photos above, but off camera.
The weird thing here in this story (and there were lots) was my bank had sent me an e-mail telling me that they had approved the photo for my new credit card pictured above with a generic number and no name on it, just to show me what it would look like.
The bank had sent me a letter a few weeks ago telling me they were no longer having a Visa debit credit card and were sending me a new MasterCard, but they didn't have the photo on file from my Visa card.
It was a picture of me standing on Australia's highest point,
Mount Kosciuszko back in 2016 when I walked to the top.
My joke when I showed that card to my friends was that was the highest point in my life and it was all downhill from there.
I  still had that photo and could have put it on my new card, but decided that I would just keep the old card which was now worthless and get a new picture placed on the card that meant something to me and was an experience that meant something special in my life.
Bob Dylan at the 2011 Byron Bay Bluesfest
I tried to put my photo of Bob Dylan that I took in 2011 at Byron Bay on the card, but the bank told me to try again and to read the terms and conditions of just what you could put on your card and apparently Bob wasn't one of the options you could.
I also tried to put the above photo I took of Andrew Fifita holding the 2016 NRL Grand Final trophy on my card, but no try again I was told.
It was when I had nearly given up and was thinking of just putting me on the mountain back on my credit card that I ran across that picture of the crow butterfly, which in my mind was a sign from my father on the day I moved into my new place.
And the bank said OK ... approved.
When the bank sent through the e-mail yesterday with the picture of the butterfly on the generic card I sat there looking at it wondering if it was just my imagination that the butterfly was a sign from my late father.
My mother put a few dollars out on keno when we were at the pub yesterday and my brother came back to the table with $267 that her ticket had won and this really made her day.
It was just after my mum was celebrating her win that the butterfly came out of nowhere fluttering around our table.
I tried to get a photo of it flying around our table but it was too fast for me and flew up onto a vine on the balcony above our table.
I spotted it a few minutes later and went up and grabbed two quick photos of it and wondered if they had turned out, as I couldn't see the screen of my phone with the sun shining off it.
I actually couldn't see it when I looked at my phone and thought I had botched the shot, but it turned out perfect, with the sun's rays beaming down on the butterfly from above.
I don't think I'll be able to write these butterflies off as just a coincidence now under these circumstances, because these were all meaningful coincidences to me.
But you are free to think what you like ... until something like this happens to you, right?-)

No comments:

Post a Comment