Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 5, 2018

God, Kubrick and What's This Tao All About?

#666, the sign of man?
Episode 6 — God?
Aleister Crowley (AKA "The Great Beast 666")
'Prisoner' TV show badge
I know Stanley Kubrick used to call himself an atheist, but I argue that he wasn't truly an atheist, but more of an agnostic who just wouldn't admit to it.
I had to laugh when in episode 6 of 'What's This Tao All About?' Todd Perry starts off with the quote by Stanley Kubrick (right at the top of this post) about the indifference of the universe and having to supply your own light and then Todd raves on about Kubrick's movie '2001: A Space Odyssey'.
9/11 Screening of 2001: A Space Odyssey?
I don't believe that we can ever really supply our own light, because even if we make our "own light" it comes from the resources of the universe/God/ The Tao, which we must be a part of, as well.
I think if we sat in a theatre trying to supply own own light to watch '2001: A Space Odyssey' that the first few minutes of the movie would look like the rest of the whole film.
A picture of the cinema screen as '2001 ...' begins
"How do you supply your own light master?"
"F#cked if I know what Kubrick was on about  Grasshopper"
"F#cked if we know either, Grasshopper";-)
Well, most people shine on I think Stephen King means;-)
My idea of "God" is very much like the ideas expressed in this podcast, but good luck in your quest of supplying your "own light" like in the Kubrick quote.
I think everything is connected and that we all shine on.

No comments:

Post a Comment