Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 29, 2018

Easter Treats Sold in December?

Hot Cross buns on sale in my
 local supermarket
yesterday
I was doing some grocery shopping yesterday to tide me over for the new year and in the bakery section I saw that hot cross buns were on the shelf already.
Let Me Be Frank and Merry Christmas?!
Not that I'm a religious person, but I do like some religious traditions from my childhood and one of those traditions is that hot cross buns are for Easter, not for New Year's Day.
Customers hit back over Easter treats sold in December
Kevin Spacey and Paul Giamatti in Fred Claus (2007)
Starring Kevin Spacey
Spacey probably just finished mixing hot cross buns for the oven when that You Tube above starts off, since as he says, "he doesn't play by the rules":-)
Hey, why not leave the Christmas trees up all year round also?
It's a mad world alright and anything for a buck it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment