Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 15, 2018

House-Spirits in ApART-ment Buildings?

After spending the last week and a half listening to 51 episodes of 'WHAT'S THIS TAO ALL ABOUT?' podcasts, I walk into 'The 9th Asia Pacific Triennial of Contemporary Art' (whatever that means) and see a piece of art called 'House - Spirit', which is made from one hundred spirit houses stacked like a skyscraper and collected from apartments in an old well-loved apartment building before it was demolished to make room for new apartment buildings.
Synchronicity in Psychotherapy?
Then I went upstairs and saw this piece of art below featuring different themed rooms in an apartment complex.
 I forgot to take a photo of just what it was titled, but let's just call it 'Trump Tower' for now;-)
Trump's apartment maybe?-)
This art piece is kind of like a mash-up featuring other artist's works of art hanging on the walls of this piece of art, which I find ironic and "life like" when it comes to art in our own daily lives. 
Room 237 perhaps?-)
Dead birds?!
A touch Twin Peaky, perhaps?-)
‘Twin Peaks: The Return’
Episode
15: Judy, Judy, Judy
Pearly Dewdrops' Drops?
The rooms weren't necessarily in the order that I portrayed them in this post, and there were a way lot more, but these were the one's that appealed to me.
Being 5 foot 7 inches tall, I couldn't see what was in the rooms at the top, so next time I visit the exhibition I'll be asking Tom Cruise for a lend of his platform shoes, so my mission isn't so impossible when making out my minority report?-)
New Thinking Allowed: Time and Consciousness?
If you get the chance, I recommend you see it.

UPDATE: 2019
Trauma Cleaning and Apart-ments?

No comments:

Post a Comment