Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 11, 2018

Big Ideas: Reading in an Age of Netflix and Social Media?

I'm glad that the ABC 'Big Ideas' radio show recorded this talk from the Byron Writers Festival this year for a podcast -
Reading in an age of Netflix and social media
I wanted to go to that talk on the day, as I had bought and read Caroline Baum's book, 'Only' after a talk Caroline had given at the festival the previous year -
If Only I Could Remember Where I Was When JFK Was Shot, But Can You?
And I had been to see Brigid Delaney and Sunil Badami take part that morning in a talk called 'The Serious Business of Writing Humour' , which I wrote about in this post -
Humour in Today’s Society ... and in Synchomysticism and Synchronicity?
And if it wasn't for Brigid telling her Pink/snake story I probably never would have bothered to go see Pink play Brisbane later on in the year -
Pink playing Brisbane in 2018
But Bernard Fanning's talk, 'Song Writing' won out on the day -
Things Go Better with cOKe?
So, it all worked out OK in the end it would seem:-)
Bernard Fanning looking for
signs at the BWF
I also found it amusing that when I went down to Byron Bay in November to see Germaine Greer give a talk, the same lovely lady was there to teach me some more bad words in sign language:-)
Signs That I Should See 'The Girl in the Spider's Web'?
Germaine Greer on the Byron Bay
stage
Nov. 15th, 2018
As I say all the time, you have to keep an eye out for signs;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment