Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 22, 2018

Our Secret Powers - Telepathy, Clairvoyance and Precognition?

I'm reading a book at the moment titled 'Ripples from the Wave' by a lady whose book launch I attended on a whim, not knowing anything at all about her or her real-life story -
Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit ... Hole?
And as morbid as it sounds this book is really great Christmas/New Year's reading, as it rams home just what Christmas means beyond all the shallow commercial gift giving, and the importance of family, life and death. 
Sandra Sweeney at the Avid Reader bookstore Nov. 30th, 2018
I had just read how after placing details about her missing son and daughter-in-law on a CNN website a Norwegian couple e-mailed Sandra about meeting her daughter-in-law Wan just after the tsunami had hit, and how they had spent time helping Wan look for her missing husband.
As soon as I had read that part in the book I saw on my iPad that there was a new podcast of Bernie Beitman's to listen to with a Norwegian author and researcher, and in the podcast they talked about a mental internet.
I also thought it was personally synchy that Sandra wrote about staring out her window at a poinciana tree, as my father's ashes were scattered by my mother and sister under a huge poinciana tree that my father had grown from a seed pod.
Mum has since sold the old family house, so if I wanted to sit with my father's ashes now, I'd have to knock on the door of the new owners and ask them, and that could give them a bit of a shock I would imagine:-)
"Terje Gerotti Simonsen, PhD, is a Norwegian author and Historian of Ideas, specializing in the esoteric and occult.
He has though introductory courses on central Western philosophical and literary works at the Institute of History of Ideas, University of Oslo.
Today he works as a freelance writer.
He is also an avid salsa dancer, amateur pianist and chess player.
Since childhood, he has been fascinated by the paranormal—especially phenomena as telepathy, clairvoyance, precognition and healing.
In addition to fairytales and mythology, this interest has been based on experiences of his own as well as strange stories told by trusted friends.
Later, as a scholar, he has taken this interest in the paranormal as a starting point to explore traditions—the esoteric and occult traditions—where these phenomena are not seen as chimera but as manifestations of our expanded consciousness.
Furthermore, he has explored the science about such phenomena, namely parapsychology.
The book is enthusiastically endorsed by several of the most respected scholars on the paranormal, as Dean RadinStanley Krippner and Jeffrey Mishlove."
I haven't read Terje's book yet, but I am halfway through Sandra's book and would highly recommend it as a good and thought-provoking book on family, life and death, especially around the Christmas/New Year period.
I think life and death are much deeper than they appear on the surface.
Japan Picks 'Disaster' Character to Define 2018?
2018 and that Sinking/Synching Feeling?
I'll write a post soon about the Friday I attended Sandra's book talk.

UPDATE: December 23rd, 2018
At least 20 dead, 165 injured as a result of the surge
'Volcano tsunami' hits Indonesia after Krakatoa eruption

No comments:

Post a Comment