Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 21, 2018

Spirit Pig: Dr. Wallace J Nichols/Mastin Kipp (Sync or Swim?-)

Hugo Johnstone-Burt as Fish in
Cloudstreet (Year of the Pig?-)
Coming soon?
Fish Lamb in Cloudstreet (Year of the Dog?-)
I love how the stars seem to line up at the right time in my life (mostly) and as an example I signed up to Foxtel Now so I could watch the HBO series 'Westworld' and after I had watched that excellent series I saw the mini-series 'Cloudstreet' was available to watch, so I did.
My copy, cockroach crap and all:-)
I was under the impression that I had read Tim Winton's book at some point, but as I watched the TV series, I realized that I hadn't, even though the book has been in my bookcase for a good 20 years, or more.
I think I got confused because years ago I saw a stage musical of the book, so I very roughly knew the story, but not the fine details of the story.
Maybe this poor English book reviewer above needs to watch the TV series, as well.
Anyway, the main theme of the book is the mystical/spiritual/cosmic aspect of water and life and death.
After I had watched 'Cloudstreet' I randomly listened to a 'Spirit Pig' podcast featuring Dr. Wallace J. Nichols talking about his book 'Blue Mind: The Surprising Science That Shows How Being Near, In, On, or Under Water Can Make You Happier, Healthier, More Connected, and Better at What You Do.
Spirit Pig: Ep 113. Dr. Wallace J Nichols
Cloudstreet
Then I listened to the above interview at 'Spirit Pig' with Mastin Kipp about trauma - 
Spirit Pig: Ep 132. Mastin Kipp
Cloudstreet (2011)
Listening to those two 'Spirit Pig' podcasts and watching 'Cloudstreet' are very complementary experiences when you consider the life themes discussed in those two podcasts.
Spirit Pig?
And just when I thought it wasn't safe to go back into the water, too;-)
If you've seen 'Cloudstreet' you'll know
the player can murder the piano:-)
Just keep swimming ... or at least walking or meditating by the water:-)

UPDATE:
I think I'll just stick to walking near the water for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment