Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 1, 2018

Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit ... Hole?

""Rabbit rabbit rabbit" is a superstition found in Britain and North America wherein a person says or repeats the words "rabbit", "rabbits" and/or "white rabbits" aloud upon waking on the first day of a month, to ensure good luck for the rest of it."
South Sydney Rabbitohs
"The exact origin of the superstition is unknown, though it was recorded in Notes and Queries as being said by children in 1909"
Wayne Bennett heading to
the
Rabbitohs ... eventually:-)
Nar ... what's up Wayne?
Personally, being a Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks supporter all my life, I can't stand the Brisbane Bronocs Rugby League club, but the big news around in the Brisbane media is the coach swap happening/not happening for 2019 between the coaches of the Brisbane Broncos (BOOooooo!!!) and the South Sydney Rabbitohs (Meh ... they're OK).
Wanye Bennet is ironically born on the 1st of January (rabbit, rabbit, rabbit?), which is not only the first day of the month, but the first day of the year:-)
Wanye Bennet 
Wayne Bennett says he’s not leaving the Broncos for South Sydney ... Yet?
Wayne Bennet?
West Village, Brisbane
I didn't know about this rabbit superstition until I heard "The Leo King" talk about it in a podcast I wrote about in my last post -
Turning of the Wheel: "The Leo King"?
Bromley & Co, West Village, Brisbane
"Rabbits have not always been thought of as lucky, however.
In the 19th century, for example, fishermen would not say the word while at sea and in South Devon to see a white rabbit in one's village when a person was very ill was regarded as a sure sign that the person was about to die."
"There is another folk tradition which may use a variation "Rabbit", "Bunny", "I hate/love Grey Rabbits" or "White Rabbit" to ward off smoke that the wind is directing into your face when gathered around a campfire.
It is thought that this tradition may be related to the tradition of invoking the rabbit on the first of the month.
Others conjecture that it may originate with a North American First Nation story about smoke resembling rabbit fur."
The three hares (or three rabbits
 West Village Brisbane
Well, it's been an education learning about rabbit superstitions surrounding the 1st of every month and with the 1st of January (Wayne's birthday:-), 2019 fast approaching, it's time to buy another Chinese wall calendar for 2019.
The Brisbane River, Brisbane, Queensland
Well, 2018 certainly did turn out to be a sinking/synching year for me in more ways than I thought, but my wall calendars for 2019 reflect the traveling I wish to do throughout the year.
I ain't getting any younger you know ... and neither are you all, by the way.
So, I'm looking forward to hanging my new calendars on the 1st of January (Wayne's birthday:-) and saying, "rabbit, rabbit, rabbit" and "GO THE SHARKIES!!!" for 2019:-)
And with a bit of luck, I might be adding another year to my tattoo, too;-)
"In November 2018, Valentine Holmes was released from his contract with the Cronulla Sharks in the National Rugby League to chase his dream to one day play in the National Football League."
I'll just need to get a picture of Shaun Johnson to stick over Valentine Holmes' picture for January.
"On December 1, the Cronulla Sharks announced that they had signed Johnson on a 3 year deal."
Here's the weird thing about my visit to West End on Friday, I had no idea about all the rabbit art in West Village, because last time I was over here West Village wasn't open.
I wanted an excuse to go and see Bromley's butterfly art, which I read about in the above September 20th, 2018 newspaper article.
Because at the beginning of 2018 on the first of January I had rung in the New Year with the bottle of sparkling wine pictured below.
It's covered in Bromley's butterflies, but I didn't even know who he was when I bought it.
I wanted a South Australian wine to ring in the new year, as my intention was to travel to South Australia in 2018, but that all came unstuck.
Jungiananthology Podcast?
Looks like I'll have to grab another bottle for this New Year's maybe?
West Village, West End, Brisbane, Australia
Bromley & Co, West Village, Brisbane
Bromley & Co, West Village, Brisbane
Bromley & Co, West Village, Brisbane and being in sink?-)
The elephant in the Bromley gallery ... or should I say room?-)
And an elephant in the West Village?-)
Bromley & Co, West Village, Brisbane
Another weird coincidence was since I live outside of Brisbane, I was waiting for an excuse to head over to West End to check out Bromley's work, and on Friday the Avid Reader had what looked to me like an interesting book talk, so I booked a place and went along knowing nothing about the book, or author, apart from what the Avid Reader had told me.
Sandra Sweeney on Friday night
Another coincidence I noticed when I read the back cover of Sandra's book was that Peter Beattie gave a recommendation.
"In April 2018, Beattie was involved in two embarrassing moments just weeks apart as the new chairman of the Australian Rugby League Commission.
The first gaffe came when he did not know the nickname of the Cronulla Sharks.
Beattie was asked by Phil GouldThe team that plays out of the Sutherland Shire — is it the Cronulla Hawks, the Cronulla Seagulls or the Cronulla Sharks?”.
Beattie replied “I’ll be honest, I wouldn’t have a bloody clue, but I’ll know next week".
The next gaffe came when on national television,
Beattie spotted a young child in the background while doing an interview with 
Karl Stefanovic.
Beattie said “You’re obviously a Newcastle Knights supporter".
The child then said "This is a Barcelona shirt".
Stefanovic wasted no time in pointing out his error, erupting with laughter before saying: “No, it looks like the Knights, but I think that’s a soccer team, Barcelona""
I found it rather personally synchy, as far as dates go, that Peter Beattie was Premier of Queensland from June 20th, 1998 - 13th September, 2007.
My first son's birthday is June 20th and my father passed away on September 13th.
I also found it amusing that the first Blomley Room launch was on April 8th (2017), as my father's birthday is April 8th, and his mother (my Nan) passed away in her West End home on April 8th.  
Bromley & Co, West Village, Brisbane
So, if it quacks like a duck, it could be a rabbit?-)
UPDATE: December 2nd, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment