Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 8, 2018

10% Happier and Te by Te?-)

From on top of the old Twin Towers?
Te, pronounced like the English word "day"
Hmm ... twin strikes?!
I'm not really a big fan of the Abrahamic religions of the world when it comes to their fundamental stances and I much prefer the Eastern religions, although none of them quite float my boat, either.
I believe in reincarnation, and I don't believe in hell, so it's a bit hard for me to take the Abrahamic religions too seriously, but I don't have a problem going to church and temples now and then and celebrating the religious holidays, such as Christmas, Hanukkah and the like, on a mystical level.
I guess you could say that I'm "spiritual, but not religious" ... or if you are a fundamentalist, that I'm going to hell to burn forever at the whim of your "loving God";-)
Which probably means Santa won't be leaving me any toys this Christmas, either, I guess:-) 
Whatever, we all like a good story, don't we?
Anyway, for those of you who are still reading this post, I do like the movie 'Godspell' and the song 'Day by Day' came to mind when I was listening to Doctor Carl Totten and Tod Perry talk about Te (pronounced "day" or "da") in the latest podcast of theirs's that I listened to this morning -
Show # 32 10% Happier and Te
They also talked about Dan Harris' book and podcast '10% Happier', which I have written about before also -
10% Happier Through Minimalism?
I like how Dan and Stan share the same birthday of July 26th:-)
I prefer Sam Harris' podcast 'Waking Up' to Dan's podcast, but I haven't listened to either for quite a while.
Although I will be giving this one a listen -
#143 - THE KEYS TO THE MIND
I tend to agree with Sam when he states that religion contains bad ideas, calling it "one of the most perverse misuses of intelligence we have ever devised".
While my criticism of religion probably isn't as harsh, I still think you need to use your brain and think for yourself when it comes to swallowing what people tell you "God's word" is.
There is a lot of BS out there when it comes to "God's word" I think.
"Musician Amos Lee started meditating in college as a way to cope with his mother's breast cancer diagnosis and his own Generalized Anxiety Disorder.
For two years, he was going on retreats and meditating two hours a day.
Lee knows what it's like to face personal hardships, so he views his music "as a service," a way to reach out and comfort people who may also be suffering.
He talks about how working on his new album, "My New Moon," was therapeutic for him"
I'll have to give Dan's Amos Lee podcast a listen, too, since Amos shares the same birthday as my eldest son of June 20th.
Plus, it sounds interesting to me considering Carl and Todd were taking about songwriting, poetry and the Tao in their #32 'What's This Tao All About' podcast.
 When it comes to "happiness" and living I think you can only take it on a day by day basis.
10 Times Happier?
And who said that you have to be happy all of the time anyway?
Only clowns pretend to be happy all of the time I think:-)
And I find that 10% scarier when it comes to trying to be happy.
:-)

UPDATE: 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment