Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 21, 2020

A Donation Dollar?

I saw an advert in my local newspaper about the "Donation Dollar" going into circulation as legal Australian money this year.
I guess with the economy being such a 'House of [Credit?] Cards' with Covid 19 lock-downs and restrictions, the Australian government are trying to encourage us all to 'Pay It Forward' like in that movie starring an actor you don't see much of anymore for some reason;-)
"Donation Dollar is designed to remind us to give, not only in times of crisis, but all year round.
It's an official circulating coin, which can be spent like any other $1 coin, but when donated, helps make an on-going impact on the lives of Australians in need.
Over the coming years, we plan to mint one for every single Australian, creating millions of reminders to give.
If we all donated one Donation Dollar a month, we'd raise an additional 300 million dollars annually."
Ironically, a few pages forward from the "Donation Dollar" ad is this one above telling the readers that for a [Donation?] dollar a day, you could have this newspaper delivered to you:-)
Luckily for me, my mother donates her old newspapers to me, so I get to read them for free, before donating them to my recycling bin.
Maybe I'll donate my "donation dollar" to all those poor podcast beggars who are always wanting me to donate the cost of a cup of coffee to them to keep their podcast on the net?-)
UFOs, Psychic Spies, Consciousness, Lance Mungia and the World (is a Giant Podcast Circle-Jerk) According to Josh Zepps?

No comments:

Post a Comment