Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 13, 2020

Fox Mulder: The Fool Being Guided By The Trickster Animal Spirit Archetype?

The X-Files Season 1: Episode 19 'Shapes'
Aired April Fool's Day 1994?
The Fox Spirit Animal
I've been reading the Chris KnOWLes co-authored 'The X-Files' book 'The Complete [at the time] X-Files' and watching the TV series on Amazon Prime from season 1 onward, wondering just why this show was such a hit in the 90s/00s.
I see that there is another revised edition of the book available now, but I'd like to see Chris Knowles team up with someone like
Jeff Kripal and write a book about the show as how it played out as a pop cultural reflection of the times the show was filmed in, or heading to, and call it something like
'Scriptwriters of the Impossible':-)
A Tragic Love Story/Song That Had Buckley's Chance From the Get Go?
And what are the odds that Don would die on the anniversary of 
Tim Buckley's passing?
Buckley's I would think;-)
That's almost an X-File on its own, no?-)
I'm only up to season 2, episode 16, and I can't say I'm a fan of the show, but it is an interesting pop cultural study of the times it was filmed in I think.
And I'm certainly no fan of the crappy satanic/Christian garbage sprinkled throughout the early shows, like that crap shot at Crowley and the O.T.O, where the high school teachers are sacrificing things to "Satan" and "doing what thou wilst" in the episode titled 'Die Hand Die Verletzt' in season 2.
I'm amazed that the O.T.O didn't try to sue over that episode, unless they thought it would give them an air of evil mystery?
Not that I'm a fan of the O.T.O, either, but that show was ridiculous.
Although, episodes like 'Excelsis Dei' seem even more relevant today with the conditions of our nursing homes and the Covid 19 plague running through them.
Not to mention the studies of psychedelic mushrooms being done today on the elderly and the dying to try and take away the fear and anxiety surrounding death.
Greening the Paranormal and Just in Time for Spring if You Happen to Live Down-under as I Do?

UPDATE: September 13th, 2020
About an hour after putting up this post I see a fox news story at the Australian ABC news site -
And if you do see a fox?
The fox is out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment