Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 7, 2020

What is the Most Resilient Parasite? [Remember Which Film Won the 2020 Best Picture Oscar?]

Inception
I just watched Nolan's movie 'Inception' again on Netflix before going to see his latest movie 'TENET' at the cinema last night, and in light of it now being 2020 I was amused when 'Inception' more or less starts off with Cobb/Leo saying -
Cobb: What is the most resilient parasite? 
[remember which film won the 2020 Best Picture Oscar?]
Cobb: A bacteria?
Cobb: A virus?
Cobb: An intestinal worm?
Arthur: Uh...what Mr.Cobb is trying to say -
Cobb: An idea.
Cobb: Resilient. Highly contagious.
Cobb: Once an idea has taken hold of the brain, it's almost impossible to eradicate.
Cobb: An idea that is fully formed, fully understood, that sticks.
Cobb: Right in there somewhere.
'Inception' turned 10 years old in 2020, which I find ironic when hearing those lines above from the movie.
As for sitting through 'TENET' last night, I started dozing off and having micro sleeps and lost track of any grasp I had on the movie up until that point, then I just gave up and watched the spectacle that was on the screen, like some elaborate dream that I couldn't make sense out of.
I don't think that I want to sit through it again though, because I really don't care about time travel as something that could be possible, as far as humans being able to travel back and forward through time to change the past.
I find thinking about time travel theory a waste of my time, like arguing with "Flat Earthers".
Watching 'Inception' again ten years down the track though I did find interesting, especially considering the films that Joseph Leonard Gordon-Levitt has made since then.
Joseph Gordon-Levitt Confessed on the Web on 22/7 (Danny Glover's Birthday) to Seeing BTTF Predicts 9/11?
And what's the song played in 'Inception' to bring the dreamers back to the real world?
"Under the rose"?
Didn't Marion Cotillard have a theory about what she thought happened on 9/11 after winning the Oscar for playing Edith Piaf?
Maybe I dreamed that one up?-)
The Dark [K]night of the Great Shi[f]t?

No comments:

Post a Comment