Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 30, 2020

Downtown?

The parked vehicle broadcast Petula Clark's 1964 cheerful hit "Downtown"
Season 10, episode 4 of  'The X-Files'
I wonder if this nut-bag that blew himself up in Nashville was an 
X-Files fan, as I had only just finished watching the whole 11 seasons of 'The X-Files' and remembered watching a stinker of an episode called 'Home Again' where the song 'Downtown' was featured.
Co-authored by Chris Knowles back in 2008?-)
I Want to Believe 2020 Isn't an X-Files Episode?

2 comments:

  1. Bonjour.
    "Downtown" is played on the first Γ©pisode of "Lost", 3rd season.
    Do you remember the "Downtown" tower in Dubai (31/1/2015) ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point JP.
    I haven't watched 'LOST' for quite a while, so I guess I remember 'Downtown' from 'The X-Files' because I only watched it a week or two ago and thought how the writers of the show were trying to take a nice cheery song and creep people out with it, like Kubrick did in 'A Clockwork Orange' with the song 'Singing in the Rain'.
    Re: "Do you remember the "Downtown" tower in Dubai (31/1/2015)?"
    I wrote a post about it at the start of 2016, because the #16 card is the Tower card in the Tarot deck -
    https://brizdazz.blogspot.com/2016/01/2016-tower-card-16.html

    ReplyDelete