Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 10, 2020

The Grand Chessboard in 2020?

The GDP value of the United States for 2019 was 17.65 percent of the world economy?
I bought a copy of 'The Grand Chessboard' around 2010, read a few chapters, put it in my bookcase and then forgot it was there pretty much until a few weeks ago when I was sorting out books to keep or give away.
I decided that I should read it and see just how much of that 1996 strategy played out on the world stage since, barring 9/11 and the wars that followed, which surprisingly in hindsight didn't change the strategy written about in the book all that much.
This 2008 'Goodreads' review pictured below is still relevant today I feel.
The Grand Chessboard of Synchromysticism?
After finishing the book today I decided to keep it on the shelf  as a reference book with all of its maps still seeming to be relevant in todays' ongoing chess game, on all sides of the board.
And the Asian Chessboard even more so, I feel.
The Asia Chessboard Podcast
Seems like the game is hotting up on the Asian side of the chessboard right now.
At least the Covid restrictions in Queensland, Australia have eased and we are allowed back onto the dance-floor again.
But I'll still be staying home and playing chess on my computer without betting the FARM on the outcome iThink;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment