Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 23, 2020

A Sunshiny Day?

Playing my dad's ol' Charlie Pride record
'The X-Files' episode 18, season 9
I've had a few nostalgic "Sunshiny Day" synchs the last few days and I'm hoping for a sunshiny day today, as I'm heading off for some beach walks and some minimum chips for lunch.
I was planning to go for a trip to the beach a week or two ago, but the weather has been frightening around here, with a lot of my favourite beaches destroyed by wild weather.
But today is looking OK as far a the weather report goes, so time to make hay while the sun shines ... as they say:-)
Nostalgia is a funny sunny mental thing it seems, and one of my favourite Charlie Pride songs is 'A Sunshiny Day', not that I need anyone in my life to make me feel happy but me.
I've been playing my father's old Charlie Pride record with that song on it, since hearing of Charlie's passing recently at the same age my father was when he passed, 86 -
A little nostalgia can be healthy, as long as you don't trap yourself in it.
Funnily enough, I had just watched the bizarre X-Files episode called 'Sunshine Days' a few days back, which was about a guy who had trapped himself in a house of memories full of
Then this morning as I'm trying to finish my Allison DuBois book, so I can give it away, I read about her gate-crashing a wedding with 'The Brady Bunch' actor Christopher Knight, who plays Peter Brady.
I'm sure there is a message in this post for me somewhere;-)
The Bullsh*t Machine and the Path to Enlightenment with a Bag of Hot Chips?

No comments:

Post a Comment