Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 31, 2020

At the End of My 2020 Calendars ... What Now?

Well, here we are at the end of the notorious year 2020 and at midnight it will be time to replace my 2020 calendars with 2021 calendars, but I have a problem that I have never faced before on New Years Eve.
I don't have a new Chinese wall calendar to hang this year, because I haven't been able to find one in time this year.
Not a very auspicious sign for the coming year (for me at least) it would seem
I did try getting a wall calendar from the Sunnybank newsagent I always buy one from, a few weeks ago, but they had sold out weeks ago and aren't getting any more in I was told.
The Brisbane River won't be seeing any big fireworks this NYE:-(
What my wall should look like tomorrow:-)
But I did pick up an Australian monthly wall calendar of pictures of my hometown  of Brisbane to replace my 2020 monthly wall calendar of pictures of Australian beaches which I had planned to visit this year on my planned Australian coastal road-trip before the virus put an end to that.
I could have picked up a 2021 Australian beaches calendar, but what's the point, as I told my road-trip plans to God last year, and God just laughed it seems.
Plus I don't have the money to do it next year, barring a lotto win.
I doubt if I'll be needing this middle part of my calendar next year:-)
I tried looking for a 2021 Chinese wall calendar again yesterday in other big Asian sections of Brisbane, but just like year 2020 it was just no luck anywhere.
Although one Sunnybank newsagent told me some are expected in next week ... maybe?
I used to be the K-mart trolley boy 40 years ago over there:-)
I haven't been to Market Square since this building was opened
The nosebleed section of the Market Square car-park:-)
So the December 31st, 2020 page on my current Chinese wall calendar will be hanging there on my wall for a few more days ... maybe weeks ... until I can replace it with a new one.
I wonder if that is bad Fung-Shui?
While I didn't find any Chinese wall calendars on my travels around Brisbane yesterday, I did find some 'Hell Money'
 at an Asian grocery store in Market Square to burn through for next year instead of my own money, like I burned through in 2020;-)
And on the subject of fire, no spectators are allowed to gather along the banks of Sydney Habour tonight to watch the fireworks, so it's going to look a little weird tonight watching the fireworks on TV at midnight ... eerie even.
Ah, those wild NYE parties on the cruise-ships of days gone bye;-)
I personally can't see
2021 being much better than 2020, but I guess we can only hope?
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment