Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 25, 2019

Rutger Hauer Played Roy Batty and Passes Away in 2019, the Year 'Blade Runner' Takes Place?

"Rutger Hauer's career began in 1969 with the title role in the Dutch television series Floris, and surged with the hugely successful Turkish Delight in 1973.
After rising to international stardom with Soldier of Orange in 1977, he moved into American films such as Nighthawks, as an international terrorist, and Blade Runner, as existentially aware android Roy Batty.
That acclaimed performance bought leading roles in titles such as The Osterman Weekend, Ladyhawke, Flesh+Blood, The Hitcher, Escape from Sobibor (for which he won a Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actor), Blind Fury, The Blood of Heroes and Wedlock.
In the 1990s he began to move into prominent supporting roles in films including Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, Sin City, Batman Begins and The Rite, with occasional starring roles such as Hobo with a Shotgun.
Hauer died on 19 July 2019 at his home in Beetsterzwaag, the Netherlands, following an unspecified illness."
Roy Batty is the leader of the renegade Nexus-6 replicants and the main antagonist of the film 'Blade Runner'
Roy Batty was activated on January 8, 2016 in the film, which in real life is David Bowie's birthday and just two before Bowie would pass away.
'The Man Who Fell to Earth'
In Space No One Can Hear You Scream Ice Cream?
'Stranger Things' season 3, 2019 
Kind of weird timing that Rutger who played
Professor Moonlight in the 2017 movie 'The Broken Key' passed away the day before the 50th anniversary of the alleged landing of a man on the moon.
On a personal note, 'Nighthawks' was the first R-rated movie I saw at the cinema when I used my older brother's birth certificate to get in.
You had to be 18 years old to get in, but I was only nearly 17.
The only reason I could figure out it had received an R rating was the foul language, which is nothing compared to films that aren't even R rated today.
I remember thinking as I came out of the cinema that I was never going to visit New York just in case a terrorist pulled something like that in real life while I was there ... little did I know then what I know now.
The same day I went to the Valley Twin Cinema and saw 
'A Clockwork Orange' and 'The Shining' and came out thinking what a sick bastard Stanley Kubrick was and how I'd never be able to hear 'Singing in the Rain' without thinking of those horrid scenes from 'A Clockwork Orange'.
The Clockwork Orange Effect?
While I did end up thinking in my later years what a genius director Kubrick was, I never forgave him for wrecking 'Singing in the Rain' for me.
And as for Rutger, every time I saw him in a movie, I thought there's that bad guy from 'Nighthawks'.
I've got to admit though that the amount of shows I've seen Rutger star in I could count on one hand.
Shine on Rutger wherever you are now.

No comments:

Post a Comment