Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 31, 2018

The Invisible Gorilla in the Room, Plus Those Bigfeet?

I'm not one to listen to podcasts on Bigfoot, not because I think Bigfoot is total BS like "The Flat Earth" theory, just because I don't really care whether Bigfoot is real or not.
But I did listen to this TED talk with Laura Krantz and oddly found it interesting -
THIRD EYE DROPS #127 BECOMING A WILD THING WITH LAURA KRANTZ
But it wasn't the Bigfoot component of the talk I found interesting, it was why would an NPR reporter want to do a podcast about Bigfoot, apart for the $$$$ to be made?
By the way, I had only just read about that selective attention test video above in the book 'Elephants on Acid' in a chapter titled 'Sensorama', in a sub-chapter titled 'Sight', in a sub-sub-chapter titled 'The Invisible Gorilla'just before I listened to the TED Bigfoot talk.
So that kind of got my attention when it came to listening to a podcast about an elusive big creature that people don't see often. 
I'd also heard Laura on that "s#its and giggles" MU podcast site where the two schizophrenic clowns who can never really make up their minds what they believe in (probably just $$$$?) talked to Laura about her podcast show - 
Mysterious Universe: Laura Krantz/Wild Thing?
Another reason I decided to listen to those podcasts and ultimately to Laura's Bigfoot podcast show was the name of her show, 'Wild Thing'.
Which reminded me of a book called 'Wild Things' I once read written by the late lead singer of 'The Troggs', Reg Presley.
Troggs Lead Singer Reg Presley Dies
I also liked the little synchronicities mentioned in the TED podcast, such as the fact Michael had another unrelated guest he was interviewing next with the same last name as Laura's.
And Laura did mention that she only became interested in Bigfoot when hearing about a famous Bigfoot researcher who had the same surname of Krantz.
Laura Krantz's photo at the TED site
Oddly enough, yesterday I spotted this weird looking slug near my front door in the garden, and I've been living here for over a year and had never seen any slug with those markings before. 
And I noticed on the TED site there was a photo of Laura holding up a slug.
Maybe Laura's next podcast show should be on the phenomena of synchronicity ... real, or imagined?-)
And to be honest, after seeing how humans treat gorillas (and themselves) just for $$$$, I hope if there are Bigfoots out there that they forever elude being caught by humans.
Also, on the subject of big gorillas, I see that they will be filming 'Godzilla vs. Kong' at the studio just down the freeway from me.
So, I'll have to keep an eye out for that;-)

UPDATE: 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment