Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 31, 2020

Hailoween?

M&M's size hail on Halloween:-)
Stormy skies over my roof
Lolly sized hail out the front of my home 
Looks like the east coast of Australia is copping hail storms for Halloween, from my Queensland home right through to Sydney in New South Wales.
Hail hits Sydney
The entrance to my local supermarket today:-)
We don't officially celebrate Halloween over here in Oz, not that you would know it from walking down the aisles of my local supermarket.
But I thought I should maybe get some treats for any kids game enough to go trick or treating  between hail storms and severe lightning strikes.
I can't believe 'Red Skins' are still around:-)
The last two Halloweens no kids knocked on my front door, but Halloween being on a Saturday night this year might be different I thought, and since I had nothing in the pantry to give treat-ers except baked beans tins and cereal, I thought I had better pick up some lollies just in case.
I thought I can just give the lollies away later to my niece for her little girl, if no kids knock on my door tonight, as I don't eat this junk anymore.
I picked up some
Byron Bay corn chips and garlic hummus to ward off Vampires, werewolves and Thor the god of thunder tonight.
I don't know if garlic works or not on those characters, but when I'm hungry and go shopping at lunchtime on an empty stomach I'll tell myself anything to justify a tasty meal:-) 
I only do stuff like that once in a Blue Moon anyway:-)
A Harvest and a Blue Moon in October 2020?
And in a surreal twist for me, I just listened to a fascinating
'Soul Search' podcast this morning which hit my
Apple Podcast subscription list early Saturday morning, and doesn't air on Australia's national radio service until Sunday, featuring a young singer who literally lives up the road from me.
In fact, that supermarket pictured above is literally down the road from Dami, too:-)
Singers, [Black] Dogs and the Corona-virus?
I like Dami's new song, as I was born in the Year of the Dragon, hence the dragon sitting under my Chinese kitchen calendar:-)
I find it rather 
bizarre that you can listen to this national Sunday radio show on Apple Podcasts days before it goes to air on the radio airwaves.
Dami is a great singer, and while I have not run into her around the neighbourhood, I have seen her sing live at the
Brisbane Powerhouse and at the 2016 NRL Grand Final in Sydney, when my team the Sharkies won on the night over a team that seems to have gone through a name change this year, according to the local Queensland press.
Seeing a Local Star on Star Wars Day?
Dami Im on stage at the Powerhouse May the 4th, 2018
As Bruce Springsteen says, it's a small world -

No comments:

Post a Comment