Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 7, 2021

Stranger Care and Why Should I Care?

It's been a weird week of listening to 'Conversations' podcasts for me personally in a synchromystic sense after my visit to a
Bribie Island book exchange last week, when I stumbled across Richard Fidler's 'Saga Land' book -
Enron, Richard Fidler, the Bowls Club and Me?
Conversations: Love and letting go — Sarah, Eric, and Coco
And listening to the 'Conversations' podcast which aired yesterday was sorrowful listening to me as Sarah is someone I have run into a few times in the past and shared a conversation or two with -
I haven't read Sarah's new book yet, but listening to the honesty of her words in yesterday's podcast I couldn't help thinking of the shadow work Sarah seemed to be doing on herself in a Jungian sense.
Especially after having also listened to the
'Finding Hermes 9: The Metaphysics of Jung' podcast in the You Tube below.
I also saw that the 'Conversations' podcast which aired the day before Sarah's was with Kitty Flanagan, who I have never had a personal conversation with, but did hear her give a live talk at the Byron Writer's Festival the same weekend I saw Sarah down there -
I only went to the Kitty Flanagan talk to hear Andrew Hanson, who was/is a member of a group of comedians my sons used to watch on TV, and to later buy Andrew's children's book for my now adult son, as a bit of  a father/son joke:-)
I think Sarah would make a good children's book author as well with all of her artist connections, and it may well be good therapy for her at the same time?
I gave a children's book away last Wednesday (pictured above) which I bought years ago at a Buddhist temple thinking it would be good to have around the home if grandchildren came to visit one day, but I can't see that happening anytime soon ... if ever in this lifetime, so I put the book into circulation, rather than having it gather dust on my bookshelf.
Sometimes our actions benefit kids we will never know personally in our own lives, and the ones that we do know can be our teachers, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment