Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 24, 2021

Bloomsday, Gallen and Cyclops?

Gal's 13th fight is on Bloomsday 2021?-)
Observed annually in Dublin and elsewhere on 16 June
After finally reading and listening to James Joyce's 'Ulysses', as well as watching the 1967 film version of the book, I find it amusing that former Shark Paul Gallen is having his 13th professional fight on the 16th of June, which is Bloomsday:-)
What Ulysses Did to a Supposedly Balanced Psychologist?
I find it even more ironic after reading/listening to the 'Ulysses' chapter 'Cyclops' where boxing is mentioned, and the June 16th boxing match poster features Paul fighting a Cyclops/Terminator character:-)
Ulysses - James Joyce: Episode 12 - Cyclops 
Reading Ulysses: Episode 12 - Cyclops
I might have to go to a pub to watch this fight and dodge flying biscuit tins on the night of June 16th?
And to celebrate having finally made the effort ... and I do mean effort ... since writing this post back in 2019 where I said that I should read 'Ulysses' ... not that I expect you dear reader to give a f#ck -
You might be thinking F#ck Sharks?-)
Mark (Not Charlie) Manson and Not Giving a F#ck?
The fight is being sold to fans as “Termination Day
Now I just have to make a start on 'Infinite Jest':-)

No comments:

Post a Comment