Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 9, 2021

Happy Mother's Day 2021?

Today is Mother's Day in Australia, and while I'm not a 
Roman Catholic I do have a statue of Mother Mary on my fridge as a reminder of my late Nan who was a Roman Catholic.
The statue reminds me of the grotto my Nan had in her front yard and all of the Catholic art she used to have in her home.
Scene from the movie 'Lady Bird'
Ladybugs are named
for the
Virgin Mary?
To me it's more of a Jungian female archetype and a reminder of the Catholicism of my Nan's upbringing, which I respect, but don't necessarily believe in.
I used to think that 'Let It Be' was a song Paul wrote about
The Virgin Mary until a few years back when I heard he had written it after a dream in which his deceased mother Mary appeared in his dream whispering words of wisdom.
Mary McCartney
Nan and Me:-)
When I Find Myself in Times of Trouble (Paul's) Mother Mary Comes to Me (Paul) Speaking Words of Wisdom Let it Be?
I don't know why that Chinese dragon under my wall calendar reminds me of my ex-mother-in-law today;-)
I'm off to have lunch with my mother and my family today, and if it's not Mother's Day in your part of the world today, happy Mother's Day anyway.
Stranger Care and Why Should I Care?

UPDATE: May 10th, 2021
My sister booked the above venue to have a family get together for our 2021 Mother's Day lunch for our mother.
The fish and chips meal I ate on the harbour yesterday
My sister had originally told us that lunch was going to be at the same venue we had  Mother's Day get togethers the last time two times we could eat at a public venue before Covid and where I had spotted the Crow Butterfly like the one pictured on my credit card -
Look Mate (May 8?-), a Dragonfly Just Flew Into My Home?
The weeping Buddha at Fitzy's
There is Harmony in Everything, It's a Butterfly Who Waits for the World?
That's what my card looks like,
but not its number BTW
Oddly enough, my credit card with my butterfly on it expires in May this year and my bank notified me by e-mail that the option to personalize my credit card with a personal photo is no longer an option, which disappointed me, as I was going to put this butterfly photo below on my new credit card.
I was looking forward to seeing if the crow butterfly would show up again this Mother's Day at our Fitzy's table, but when I was told of the venue change because my sister had left the bookings too late and the venue was booked out, I thought well if a crow butterfly turns up at our table at the new venue on the day my jaw will hit the ground.
And guess what?
The only photo I managed to get of
 the
crow butterfly yesterday
One did fly over our table, but I wasn't quick enough to get a shot of the butterfly flying over our table, but I had pointed it out to everyone sitting at the table (so I had witnesses to back up my sighting) and asked them to keep an eye out as I wanted a photo as proof that it happened.    
I thought I had got it in this shot ... DOH!
The butterfly did come back about 15 minutes later fluttering around our table and I wasn't quick enough to snap a photo of it again.
But this time I got up from the table with my eyes glued to its flight path and chased it around the tavern pointing my phone camera at it and snapping photos, but I only ended up with one good photo of it.
And what a photo it was, I thought, as far as proof goes:-)

4 comments:

  1. Dragon and mother-in-law πŸ˜‚ happy Mother’s Day Dazzle, not a good weekend for my Tigers, at least you have the Lions to bring it home for you. As for your Sharks...less said the better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You callin' me a Mother Spartan, you Mother F...?-)
      I'll be watching my Sharkies next weekend at Suncorp live when they take on the Rabbitohs, so that will probably end up a nil-all draw going by both team's recent form;-)

      Delete
    2. πŸ˜‚

      yeah we have the knights, so now doubt we’ll two more tries disallowed... I’ll tip the Sharks this week too many players out for the bunnies.

      Delete
    3. I'm hoping the Tigers beat the Knights this weekend, as your mob are between my dream of the Brisbane Bozos going back to back wooden spooners.
      For that reason I'll be cheering on the Doggies* against Canberra this weekend, as well.
      And GO MANLY!!!*

      *Only for this weekend

      Delete