Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 16, 2021

Foxes and Football?

The FOX Sports "Flying Fox" TV camera
at the
NRL Magic Round
I went to watch three games of the NRL Magic Round yesterday (only because my Sharkies were playing in the second match on the day) and I spotted a fox-tail hanging off the spider-cam and asked my son, whose bright idea was that?
He said it's the "Flying Fox" camera that FOX Sports uses when they broadcast the game.
And while I have seen "Spider-cams" in action, this was the first time I had seen one in action with a fox-tail attached, racing around in the sky like a greyhound lure that's gone off track:-)   
The FOX Sports "Fox Rover" TV camera
 with the 
fox-tail on it yesterday
But maybe it was an omen that the Leicester City Foxes were about to cause a big upset that night (Australian time) by knocking off the favourites Chelsea and claim their first FA Cup final victory? 
Not that I stayed up to watch it on Australian TV last night.
The smoke and mirrors of the NRL Magic Round Weekend
My Sharkies taking to the field
against the 
Rabbitohs last night.
My ex-Sharkie hero Paul Gallen working for Channel 9
The Sydney Roosters vs the North Queensland Cowboys
So much for my magic during Saturday's Magic Round games, as I cheered on all three teams for a loss on the day/night.
When the chips are down at the football:-(
Ground shot courtesy of the BBC "Buggy-cam"?-)
But as Chelsea fans know all too well when it comes to football, you can't win 'em all:-)
I hate going to Suncorp Stadium (AKA Lang Park), as it is rarely a happy place for me, like The Gabba is -
Russell Crowe: Unhinged role reflects
 on
 'rage in Western society'

UNHINGED: Followed by the White Rabbit
Crowe lives and breathes South Sydney,
not that I saw him at
Magic Round
Ironically, next week's NRL round would have made for a more even contest, as far as where teams are on the NRL ladder at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment