Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 12, 2021

#67, Nine Perfect Strangers and the Promise & Peril of Psychedelics ... and Maybe Just Some Apophenia in the Mix as Well?-)

Conspirituality Podcast #67
Conspirituality ... Hey What?
Maybe it's just my
"apophenia" kicking in here, but I couldn't help thinking how serendipitous it was that when I discovered the 'Conspirituality' podcast the latest episode was #67 and was about the promise and peril of psychedelic drugs, just as I was reading and watching 'Nine Perfect Strangers' which deals in similar themes (I'm only up to chapter 33 in the book and episode 6 in the TV series so far).
And maybe I just notice 67s a lot because I'm a mad Sharkie fan and we entered the national rugby league completion in 1967, the year Nicole Kidman and her current partner Keith Urban were born?-)
And Keith did sing before the 2016 NRL Grand Final which was won by the Sharks for the first time in the club's history ... just saying ... and I have never done psychedelic drugs in my life ... yet:-)
A Tragic Father's Day ... and Not Just Because My Footy Teams Seasons Came to an End in 2021?
I found episode 67 of the 'Conspirituality' podcast an interesting listen, where one of the hosts Derek Beres is questioned about his book 'Hero's Dose: The Case ...' by the other hosts of the podcast. 
I haven't read Derek's book, and can't say that I'm too interested in reading it, as I have enough books on to my "to read" list already, but watching and reading
'Nine Perfect Strangers' I can't help but think it would be an interesting companion book to NPS and the topics in this fictional story.

No comments:

Post a Comment