Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 18, 2021

Phases of the Moon and Big Little Lies?

I started re-reading 'Big Little Lies' (I'd started reading it a while ago and had to start over again from the beginning to remember what I had read) on the new moon last month, not on purpose though, I had just noticed the moon on the front cover of the book and wondered what phase the moon was in when I started over from the beginning and laughed when I found out it was right on the new moon.
The moon plays a big part in the novel 'Big Little Lies' literally and metaphorically and there is even crescent moons pictured throughout the novel.
The story is often told in months leading up to the trivia night where everyone is either dressed up as Elvis or Audrey, and the female characters often talk about the female reproductive system, while the story takes place in a see side town with the lunar influenced ocean right on the door step.
Not being into astrology or very knowledgeable about moon phases I had stumbled across a podcast run by one of the 'Two Rad Chicks' called Inner Wisdom with Deanne Love which just happened to have an episode about the phases of the moon and what each phase of the moon meant as have as new age/old age folklore went.
Let Them Eat ... ?
Moon Cakes
Inner Wisdom with Deanne Love Podcast
But then I started noticing the moon phases mentioned in other books I was reading and media I was viewing and listening to and decided to download a lunar phase app on my phone to keep track of just what phase the moon was currently in in relation to me.
I would often read 'Crow Mellow' out in the backyard when I was getting some sun when I wasn't reading 'Big Little Lies' since my copy of BLL was a signed copy that I didn't want to risk getting damage in the sun, unlike my copy of 'Crow Mellow' which I thought I was just going to give away after reading anyway.
This was where I read about the gibbous moon and wondered what that was, and didn't realize that as I read that passage about the gibbous moon that the moon was already going gibbous that day and was already up in the afternoon sky along with the sun:-)
Crome Yellow/Crow Mellow?

UPDATE: September 24th, 2021
A new moon study?-)

No comments:

Post a Comment