Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 17, 2020

We're All Just Skeletons Trapped in Meat Prisons?

A scene from the 2Shy X-Files episode
I had to laugh when my eldest son gave me a weird birthday card, which to me was his atheist/agnostic way of taking the piss out of my belief that the 'spirit' inside the body survives death.
Wednesdays are the Weirdest?
When I got home from the cinema, I watched the next show in
'The X-Files' TV series that I was up to at the time, which just happened to be '2Shy' and was about a fat sucking vampire that left the victim's body-fat melting away and only leaving the skeleton.
That episode was pretty stupid, but when Scully pulls the body out in the morgue to examine it, all that is left is a skeleton and some blood and meat chunks.
And here I am looking at the front of my birthday card sitting behind my iPad on the kitchen table, which brought a smile to my face.  
I watched the next two episodes after the '2Shy' one and then went to bed. 
I couldn't help thinking that 'The Walk' while stupid as well, explored similar themes to 'The New Mutants' movie.
On the subject of walks, 7 days later I went for a few walks on
Bribie Island and Chris Knowles, the person who inspired me to start watching the whole 217 episodes of 'The X-Files' while reading his co-authored book 'The Complete X-Files' was going on a walking podcast and talking about such subjects as spirit cooking and bizarre cake eating parties.
November 11th is Remembrance Day,
Lest We Forget;-)
The Secret Sun: Temples of the Necropolis
And on the subject of birth and cakes, I had listened to a podcast that was uploaded one day after my birthday.
It was the 'What is Life' episode of the 'Wild Thing: Space Invaders' podcast series, where Laura starts off that episode by baking a cake to try and create life, as an analogy of scientists trying to create living organisms in a lab.
I like analogies, cakes and speculating about life ... and death, and while I didn't have a birthday cake this year, maybe I'll get one next year if I'm still alive and my skeleton doesn't free itself from its meat prison?-)
You Can't Have Your Cake and Eat it Too ... in Lock-down?
My favourite X-Files episode so far
 is a piss take on
Strieber's book:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment