Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

June 25, 2022

OrphΓ©e: Death and Mirrors?

The first movie in the book ‘Bambi and Me’ to get its own chapter is the French film ‘OrphΓ©e’ directed by Jean Cocteau, a film I’m yet to see in full, only having watched the trailer below, but I’m very intrigued by the themes in the film and listened to an interesting podcast this morning at the Cinepunkedpodcast.
I had added the podcast episode to my playlist last night before going to sleep only to wake up at 3:21am to hear it playing, which I found amusing, as 3 ... 2 ... 1 ... is like the backward count of a hypnotist trying to put you under:-)
The Hypnotist and The Joker?
It’s also Michel Tramblay’s 80th birthday today, so I might have to watch ‘Bambi’ today in his honour?

No comments:

Post a Comment