Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

June 9, 2022

The Magic Flute is for the Birds, I Reckon?-)

I’ve recently watched 3 different versions of ‘The Magic Flute’ and can’t help thinking that me and Mike Clelland (The Owl Guy) are just a pair of Papagenos in a Tamino kind of world.
Especially when the Australian ABC TV Sydney Opera House 80s version I have on DVD (my favourite version so far) had Papageno wearing a crow head as a hat (one of my favourite corvids).
Papageno is the bird catcher/Everyman and nature lover, usually dressed in a feathered costume, half bird, half man.
And when I was watching the You Tube below of the overture to the opera I couldn’t help but think of Mike when I saw the ‘Communion’ like headed alien figures dancing around Papageno:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment