Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

June 15, 2022

The Life of a Repo Man is IN TENTS?

Watching the 1984 movie Repo Man’ on DVD last night, like I mentioned in my last post, and seeing the news of stock markets crashing here in Australia and in the USA I couldn’t help thinking we are heading back to the Repo Man days of 1984 once more.
A line from the movie is,the life of a Repo Man is intense  which to me at first sounded like they were saying “in tents” which is where a lot of their targets seem to be heading in the financial times the movie is set.
I never realised that the late Monkee Michael Nesmith was the producer of this movie until seeing the credits flash onto my TV screen last night.
I also read a review of the movie where it was pointed out that all the Repo Men in the movie except Otto, are named after beer brands, which is ironic when so much is focused on generic brands in the movie.
And reading these recent newspaper items below in my Queensland paper made me think how “in tents” these times are getting lately:-(
The Silver Screen and Masonry?

No comments:

Post a Comment