Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

April 6, 2013

The Power of Girls

Part of my Bluesfest CD collection
 from this year and last
I've stumbled across some excellent musicians at the last two Bluesfests that just don't seem to get the recognition they deserve, so I thought I would feature a few of their songs here and see what the readers think for themselves.
 The first musician here is Ashleigh Mannix, who wasn't at Bluesfest this year, but I caught her play last year and she is very good live.
The next duo are called Hat Fitz and Cara, who I missed play this year because I whiled my time away on Good Friday morning and turned up at Bluesfest too late to catch their act.
At least I grabbed a copy of their CD though.
Last but not least The Round Mountain Girls who are not girls at all.
False advertising as well as other false things, I hear you say, but take a listen to these cover songs before you demand a stoning.
Don't worry fellas, before you think you're falling for the boys, they do use real women in the clip above, so there is no need to worry about that closet you thought you might have to come out of ... just yet ;-)
The four songs they cover on their CD are all very good in my opinion.

1 comment:

  1. There's something special about seeing music live instead of the more manufactured stuff on the radio etc.

    Liked Hat Fitz and Cara - and Ashleigh has a certain appeal. I remember Round Mountain Girls from your previous post or maybe posts.

    I can see the attraction of the Bluesfests.

    ReplyDelete