Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

April 4, 2013

City Synchronicity

City Synchronicity
I met her on my first shift waiting tables
We chatted as she showed me the ropes
She’d lived in my new suburb until just last week
What’s weird is I’d just moved into her old house
Ten thousand miles from home
Here in Melbourne where the cafes thrive
It’s a big city but a small world
When just days ago she slept in this same room
Waiting at the tram stop we saw another couple
And when no tram came they offered us a lift
On the road to the city we ask where they are headed
Turns out we’re all going to one basement jazz gig
Ten thousand miles from home
Here in Melbourne where the culture’s high
It’s a big city but a small world
When these musicians live just steps from my front door
I saw him at the bike shed down the creek
As I put down the spanner to wipe my cheek
I heard ‘Can I borrow that?’
I looked up dumbstruck to see a guy I went through school with
Ten thousand miles from home
Here in Melbourne where the streets are flat
It’s a big city but a small world
When Jimmy Keen turns out to be my neighbour

City Synchronicity

I just stumbled across Julia's blog this morning and read about the story behind this song.
You can read it for yourself by clicking on this link -
City Synchronicity
Sometimes life is just a magical trip.
Maybe I'll have to change the name of my blog to 
'Just Watching and Listening to the Wheels Go Round'?-)
You can listen to the  City Synchronicity song as it sounds on the album by clicking on the link under these wheels below.

City Synchronicity

3 comments:

  1. A magical trip - that sums it up at times, but like everything, you have to be in the mood for magic.

    I listened to some of the choir songs Julie was involved with - thanks for the intro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A magical trip, for sure! I left her a link to your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. There already is one,it's just that she hasn't approved the comment yet.
    There is also one to Mike's blog.

    ReplyDelete