Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 23, 2019

Nothing in This Book/Film/Story/Magazine/Theory is True, But It's Exactly How Things Are ... or Are THEY?

Being a truth-seeker can be a very costly hobby, as anyone in the field could tell you, too.
I just listened to a pod-cast at the 'Lighting the Void' Apple podcast site featuring an author named Bob Frissel who has a 25th anniversary edition out now of a book with a very imaginative title (which could also act as a kind of disclaimer that other books like it should probably use more often, too;-) I hadn't heard of before listening to that podcast, which was titled
'Nothing In This Book Is True, But It’s Exactly How Things Are'.
I won't be buying a copy, but listening to that free podcast (which is worth a listening to I think), Bob sounds like a character and it would be interesting to know just how much of Bob's musings Bob actually believes himself -
Lighting the Void Podcast: The Merkabah And Light Body W/ Bob Frissell
About Bob
The only reason I bothered to listen to that podcast was I saw the word "Merkabah" in the podcast title and I have one hanging over me to my right when I'm on my computer.
I just bought the geometric glass ornament because I like the look of it, not because of any belief in it being the shape of a light body ... but hey, I'd like to believe:-)
Zakay Glass Creations
Opening Night at Zakay Glass Creations Gallery
I also just watched a series of You Tubes by Padma Aon, that start off with a spinning merkabah, after I had read the above
'Mind Body Spirit' magazine article.
So there was that merkabah sync as well.
 But, like I wrote above, I won't be buying a copy of Bob's book, especially after reading the reviews for it at the Goodreads site, as it sounds like a book such as Whitley Strieber's 'Communion', where I think that the cover is the best part of the book, and the rest of it just leaves me scratching my head and wondering if I've just had my leg pulled, along with the money from my wallet.
Both books have a similar rating at the Goodreads website, too.
I started reading Strieber's 2006 book 'The Grays' this week, after spotting it on my shelf and realizing I bought it years ago in anticipation for the movie that Sony was going to make after paying Ken Nolan $3,000.000 to adapt a film script from the book that Strieber hadn't even written when Sony paid the money over -
“The Grays,” unlike “Communion,” is a fictional exploration of the effect aliens have on mankind
By the late 1990’s, Whitley Strieber was no longer the next Stephen King. He was now the guy who was once the next Stephen King who let his obsession with the paranormal torpedo his ability to be taken seriously?
Reading 'The Grays' from a 2019 perspective it's clear to me that Whitley was just mashing up a heap of conspiracy theories and prophecies that were, and in some cases still are, doing the rounds, like the Georgia Guide-stones idea of reducing the planet's population drastically, the 2012 Mayan calendar fizzer, alien implants (which Whitley believes to have one in his own ear), gray aliens genetically altering humans with some of their own DNA, military cover-ups, and all of the usual suspects.    
I'm only half way through 'The Grays', but I'm starting to understand why the movie was never made ... and it's not because it's believable either IMO.
The plot of 'The Grays' seems similar to 'Good Omens' I think, where a child is coming to either destroy or save the Earth ushered in by various guardians.
Fool Me Once?
I guess we like to believe that someone else can/will save us all from ourselves, right?
Might be waiting for a while, especially if you are waiting for the Messiah to come.
But that's just my current belief.
I pulled out some other magazines I'm yet to read from my cupboard, magazines I'd bought on a 2016 road-trip in the town of Manilla -
Manilla, NSW
Not that I believe in the subjects these magazines cover, I just wanted to try to understand these modern mythologies a bit more and to find out why people swallow such stories without questioning just how real these things people tell us are.
I can see that there is money to be made from conferences, lectures, movies, DVDs, books and magazines for the people who like telling stories to people who are willing to pay attention to them, but how many of those people really believe what they are trying to profit off?
And we put our faith in "scientific" theories, which probably don't even add up in the long run to anything but another story told to us by people who are "in the know".
And as for The Bible, it has a lot to answer for, which "experts" don't seem to want have answered, as far as I can tell.
I find some of those alien stories easier to believe than most of the stories in The Bible, to be honest.
Nothing in this post is true, but it's exactly how things are ... or so I'd like you to think ... for yourself;-)
Jelly Helm: The Stories That We Have Told to Us and That We Tell Ourselves?

3 comments:

  1. Darren...

    I read “Nothing in this book is true” when it first came out. This book was my introduction to Drunvalo, as well as the merkaba. I must say the book lived up to it’s title! I posted on the book back in 2011...

    https://tekgnostics.blogspot.com/2011/02/egypt-sacred-geometry-eight-brain-model.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good post Jack and I think I've hurt my mind while reading it:-)
    Happy Holidays to you and yours Jack, from hot and smokey Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same to you, Darren... We are experiencing similar weather pattern disruptions, here in the Pacific Northwest... “Fire & Ice” ...hang in there & keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete