Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

February 8, 2021

Super Bowl-ing Alone?

Well there's a breakfast suggestion I guess;-)
Monday 9 am Australia: Pop Culture Happy Hour: 2021 Super Bowl?
It wasn't even the weekend (pardon the very clever pun on my behalf:-) over here in Australia (where there is basically zero Covid 19 here at the moment) Monday morning, when I switched the TV set on in my living room to watch the 2021 Super Bowl live from the USA.
I could have held a Super Bowl party here legally at my home ... but why?
Cereal Bowling Alone?
I was still wiping the sleep out of my eyes and stumbling in the cupboard for a cereal bowl while the water boiled on the bench for my morning coffee.
I was going to put $100 on Brady's team to win the Super Bowl at just over 3 to 1 odds the night before, but then wondered why the odds were so much against his team winning and chickened out thinking who am I to bet against expert opinion when it comes to the NFL, when I hadn't watched a game all season?
Doh!
I just kept thinking to myself as the clock ticked by every ten minutes that "I would have been laughing right now if I had my $100 on Tampa Bay" ... Doh again. 
We don't get the famed Super Bowl TV ads on our free to air TV stations over here in Oz.
We just get booze, car, betting and Holey Moley Golf game show ads.
Plus a LOT of Coke commercials for some reason;-)
But I knew from years gone by that my mate at 'The Secret Sun' blog would fill me in on why the world was still going to hell in a hand basket ... soon ... again.
Even though the Super Bowl was held on Groundhog Day last year, not this year.
Groundhog Day 02.02.2020?
Chris admits in his latest post about being on a podcast and making mistakes with names of movies and mythical hellish realms, and I could see that in his post he was getting names wrong as well, like one of my favourite singers where he got his name wrong referring to him as Bruce Cringesteen;-)
The Small World Theory?
To be honest, without my money being on that Super Bowl game, I found it less exciting than watching the Brisbane Lions AFLW team beat the Gold Coast Suns 65 to 2 yesterday.
And that is no joke. 

UPDATE:

2 comments:

  1. You should’ve followed the sync I mentioned a few days ago...Buccaneers (Pirates) πŸ˜„

    Good result from your Lions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it was a good win for the Lions Spartan especially with me also being a Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks life member and the importance of the number '67 to us Sharkies supporters.
    65+2=67 :-)

    ReplyDelete