Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

February 10, 2021

Into the Dark: GREENLAND?

Gerard Butler in 'Greenland'
I was sitting at my kitchen table reading Allison DuBois' book
'Into the Dark' when I put the book down to eat my dinner and watch a show on Amazon Prime, when a suggestion to watch the new Amazon Prime movie 'Greenland' starring Gerard Butler popped up on my iPad before I could hit the skip button.
I thought to myself that there is no way I'm going to sit through another crappy Gerard Butler film unless the universe sends me a sign that I should.
Looks Like I Picked the Right Day to Watch Geostorm?
Once I had finished my dinner and switched off my iPad and picked my book up to start reading again I read the words on page 42 (pictured below).
More November Rain in Hollywood?
His wife's name is Allison?!
So I watched 'Greenland' last night and was pleasantly surprised that this was probably the best movie Gerard Butler has ever been in (looking through his acting credits at his IMDB page) so far.
It was still a B Grade movie, but an entertaining and thought provoking B Grade movie with some good effects to boot.
And that movie kind of tied in with some recent pop-cultural posts of mine, too -
Framing Britney Spears: ARMED With a DREAM - Peace of Me?
The Dead Life Podcast: Losing Your Better Hal‪f‬?
At least I didn't lose my better half in my divorce:-)
Good question kid:-)
And SPOILER ALERT ...
the first major city wiped from the face of the Earth is Tampa, home and winner's of this year's Super Bowl.
Super Bowl-ing Alone?
Well, let's hope the only thing hitting us this Valentine's Day is Cupid's arrow then:-) 
Not for me though, as you know how I feel about VD don't you?-)
I would rather be hit by a comet than go through all of that shit again:-)
Greenland

UPDATE: February 16th, 2021
Meteor burns up in the sky over Melbourne, Australia on Valentine's Day?!
OMG!!
Valentine's Day?!

2 comments:

  1. Mind blowing predictive programming perhaps Dazzle? Is Greenland worth the watch? Getting my new TV tomorrow in time to watch one set of Tigers belt the pies. (What are your thoughts on Eddie?) and another set of Tigers probably get walloped by the Raiders. Both your teams should win tight ones I would think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have an Amazon Prime account yes, if you were going to pay money to watch it at the cinema no.
    To be honest, if a comet was heading for Australia (The Sydney CBD doesn't fare too well by the end of this movie by the looks of the Sydney Opera House BTW) and I had 48 hours to get my ass to an underground bunker in Greenland (of all places) I'd just grab a carton of beer, a lawn chair and some binoculars and kiss my ass good-bye.
    If Oz goes up in flames ... (again:-) ... so do I.
    Living 9 months underground (or above ground for that matter;-) in Greenland would make me want to kill myself anyway:-)

    ReplyDelete