Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

February 24, 2021

Twilight Payment/Time?

Finishing order of 2020 Melbourne Cup
Sitting and watching the 2020 Melbourne Cup
A disc with the song 'Twilight Time' is the 'Kill Switch'
I've been meaning to write this post since last November, but I wanted to wait until I had finally reached the end of
William Gibson's 'Neuromancer' ... which was yesterday -
Neuromancer, Coming to a Secondhand Bookstore Near You?
I was inspired to pick up 'Neuromancer' and finish reading the uninspiring novel I had begun years ago, but shelved (I had to actually go back to the beginning and start all over again) after watching a few William Gibson written episodes of the X-Files when I was slogging my way through watching all 217 episodes of that crap TV show.
I Want to Believe 2020 Isn't an X-Files Episode?
I had watched the 'Kill Switch' episode of 'The X-Files' in the week leading up to the Melbourne Cup and I could not get 'The Platters' song 'Twilight Time' out of my head after watching that episode for some reason:-)
Come Melbourne Cup time every year I like to pick out a horse and put $50 on the nose for a win.
Picking a Winner?
I was going to back 'Tiger Moth' to win the race, but I talked myself out of it because I was sick of hearing about tigers throughout all of 2020, with the Richmond Tigers winning the AFL Grand Final in 2020 ... again, and that dickhead Tiger King guy being the pop-cultural anti-hero of the year I put my money on my second pick 'Ashrun' ... which is still running:-) 
But I still had a $5 bet for a win on 'Tiger Moth' just in case it won, to take the sting off me jumping off it with my $50.
It ran second and I lost $55 dollars on the day, instead of just $50, DOH!
And here is the kicker, I used to go to the races all the time as a kid with my father and most times we would ask each other which horse we liked before the race would start.
Last year as I'm looking through the racing form for the Melbourne Cup the night before the race I asked my late father (in my mind) which horse he thought would win and if he knew to give me a sign.
Every time I tried to be silent in my mind to hear if he had a heavenly tip for me all I could hear was that bloody song
'Twilight Time' from the 'Kill Switch' X-Files episode.
But I did see that there was a horse called 'Twilight Payment' that wasn't a bad horse, but didn't have quite the form I used to look for in a race like this.
I was nearly going to place my $50 bucks on that horse, but my rational mind talked me out of it saying that's not a sign, you've been playing that song over and over in your head since watching that stupid X-Files episode, now just follow your head or you will be kicking yourself when your horse wins and you ain't on it.
I would have won over $1000 bucks if I had have listened to that song in my head and taken it as the sign, no matter if it was from my late father or not.
DOH!!
MytHistory: Popular Science (Fiction) ... and What Doesn't Kill You ...?

No comments:

Post a Comment