Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 21, 2022

Cranford/North & South ... and BritBox?πŸ“ΊπŸ΅

I signed up for a week's free trial of the
BritBox streaming service a few weeks back, so I could watch all of the BBC dramas that have been made out of classic books that I must read before I die ... or so I'm told.
1001 Books I Must Read Before I Die ... Including the Banned Ones?πŸ“šπŸ“–πŸš«
'1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die'
Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell
The last two series I watched on 
BritBox were based on the books of Elizabeth Cleghorn Gaskel.
'Cranford' and 'North and South', as they were the two of the 1001 books I should read before I die, or so the current book that I'm trying to finish reading before I die tells me:-)
The Cranford TV series is much better than the book, and I loved watching it, though the TV series North & South while worth watching I found more of a slog to watch, which was what I was expecting when I sat down to watch Cranford.
But I loved watching Cranford and would highly recommend watching it.
A Spy Among Friends TV Mini Series (2022)
I had started watching the series that 
BritBox were tooting their own horn about being an original BritBox series starring Guy Pearce called 'A Spy Among Friends', but when I went to resume watching it last nnight from where I had left off, a message came up telling me that I'd need to purchase it on an Amazon Prime app, even though I had a current BritBox subscription.
Looks like they fixed the problem, but too late for me.
I wasn't paying any extra to finish watching it, so I went online and cancelled my subscription to BritBox and signed up for a week's free subscription to Paramount Plus, so I could start watching 'The Offer' ... and see what else they had to offer, before I give them the flick also:-)
The Offer TV Mini Series (2022)
Now, this morning I see that I can watch 'A Spy Among Friends' again on BritBox, so I have until Januaray 11 to watch the episodes of the show I haven't yet watched before my subscription expires ... should I choose to except my mission:-)
So many books, podcasts, movies, songs and TV shows to plough through before I die, it seems;-)
Dracula, Love Remembered... and 30 Years?πŸ§›πŸ’Œ

No comments:

Post a Comment