Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 11, 2022

Who Was Snorri Sturluson?πŸ“–

I find it rather
synchromystic that 
Snorri Sturluson died on September 22nd, which just happens to be Nick Cave's birthday and the day before my own birthday.
Conversations: Nick Cave and
the
bruises of experience
These are the Sort of Conversations We Need to Have?πŸ‘Ό
I'm reading the book 'Saga Land' right now, as I've written about in recent posts, so I haven't been resting on my Laurels ... I could say -
The Rainbow Bridge?
Two Birds and a Double Rainbow?🌈
It's amazing what happens when you just go with the FLOW ... which is WOLF spelled backwards;-)
You Can Never Step on the Same Riverstage Twice ... Especially After 10 O'Clock at Night;-)
"In Norse mythology, Huginn (Old Norse: "thought") and Muninn (Old Norse "memory" or "mind") are a pair of ravens that fly all over the world, Midgard, and bring information to the god Odin.
Funny thing is, just before I started putting this post together, I looked out my window and saw a bird digging through my garden with its beak.
I couldn't make out whether it was a crow or a magpie, because it was too black for a magpie, but it had black and white feathers scattered throughout its tail and wings.
I didn't manage to get a photo of it, but it left me a feather (pictured above).
I'm sure it will be back during the week to drink from the birdbath or dig in the garden again, so I'll have to keep my camera near.
So Long Neighbour ... From Your Neighbour on the Other Side of the World?🌏
In the book 
'Saga Land' it is written that, "As a young teacher at Oxford University, Tolkien persistently argued that all students of English should read the works of Snorri Sturluson, which he said were of far greater importance than Shakespeare's".
The Wizard of Oz and Reading the Red Books?
From '1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die
I just watched William Hurt in 'Moby Dick' last night, as the next actual book I plan on reading is 'Moby Dick' after I finish reading 'Saga Land', because that book is one of the 1001 books that I must read before I die, I'm told, unlike anything Snorri Sturluson wrote, which apparently didn't make it onto the 1001 book list.

No comments:

Post a Comment